CONSTANT socket errors and slowness!! [Extreme long Queue: 185 pages]

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
westsidesuburbanite

Re: CONSTANT socket errors and slowness!!

Post by westsidesuburbanite »

sander wrote: November 27th, 2022, 2:05 am Yes: google "windows kill process from command line"

But easier from GUI:

Via Task Manager
Press "Ctrl + Alt + Delete" Key or "Window + X" Key and click the Task Manager option.
Click on the "Processes" Tab.
Select a process you want to kill, and perform one of the actions below. Press the Delete key. Click on the End task button. Right-click on the process, and click on End task.
Yeah. I knew how to do that, but I thought there was a command line to sab maybe that would provide a graceful shutdown. I didn't want to force close it. Doesn't it cause data loss or issues with the queue if you force close the process?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: CONSTANT socket errors and slowness!! [Extreme long Queue: 185 pages]

Post by sander »

You can: see https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/configuration/ ... other_main -> shutdown. But you need curl for that (and know how to use it), plus the SAB API key (which you can find in sabnzbd.ini).

I've never had a problem with hard-killing SABnzbd from the OS.

But having said that: we're now going back and forth for a few days, so I'm starting to wonder what your goal is?
westsidesuburbanite

Re: CONSTANT socket errors and slowness!! [Extreme long Queue: 185 pages]

Post by westsidesuburbanite »

sander wrote: November 27th, 2022, 4:30 pm You can: see https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/configuration/ ... other_main -> shutdown. But you need curl for that (and know how to use it), plus the SAB API key (which you can find in sabnzbd.ini).

I've never had a problem with hard-killing SABnzbd from the OS.

But having said that: we're now going back and forth for a few days, so I'm starting to wonder what your goal is?
I was trying to get it to go faster and not freeze up, but it seems that's caused by the enormous queue, so I guess the solution is to just download them so that there's not so many. I'll just have to deal with the slowness until enough clear out to speed it up. Thank you for the help. I'll just set it to download and just let it do it's thing so that the queue will eventually clear out.