CONSTANT socket errors and slowness!! [Extreme long Queue: 185 pages]

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
westsidesuburbanite

CONSTANT socket errors and slowness!! [Extreme long Queue: 185 pages]

Post by westsidesuburbanite »

I keep getting basically the same error over and over. I'll paste below. For reference I'm running a server with 2xXeon Gold 6238 with 768GB ram and the drive it's downloading to will even show NO writes/reads via resource monitor so there's literally zero bottlenecks. Very frustrating and I'll open an nzb and it'll take 15 mins+ to show up on sab. It's like it's just stuck. Doing nothing. And then downloading it'll also get stuck. Any suggestions?

ENGINE socket.error 8
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "cheroot\server.py", line 1300, in communicate
File "cheroot\server.py", line 1090, in respond
File "cheroot\wsgi.py", line 145, in respond
File "cheroot\wsgi.py", line 231, in write
File "cheroot\server.py", line 1146, in write
File "cheroot\makefile.py", line 438, in write
File "cheroot\makefile.py", line 36, in write
File "cheroot\makefile.py", line 45, in _flush_unlocked
File "socket.py", line 723, in write
File "ssl.py", line 1210, in send
ssl.SSLEOFError: EOF occurred in violation of protocol (_ssl.c:2393)
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: CONSTANT socket errors and slowness!!

Post by sander »

Which version of SABnzbd? On which OS?

Is your SABnzbd open to Internet? Because "ssl.SSLEOFError: EOF occurred in violation of protocol (_ssl.c:2393)" typically occurs with nasty port scanners from Internet sending weird SSL traffic.
westsidesuburbanite

It's 3.7.0 running on Windows Server 2016. There's no internet connectivity errors because it will actually download stuff. It will just often get stuck. Should I disable https?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

So on a private LAN? Weird that you get those errors then. Yes, please disable https. That error cannot occur then anymore

And/but those errors do not explain slowness. So:

while SAB is not doing anything: In SABnzbd's upper right corner, click on the wrench symbol ("Status and interface options"), then click on first tab Status, and there click on the Refresh Arrow. Post the values of the lower part here.
westsidesuburbanite

Yeah it's not reading/writing the disk, but there's a lot of cpu usage. I have a LOT of stuff in my queue though. Idk if that's what's slowing it down? I can't pull the data right now because it's going so slow it won't load the status. Would having a lot of stuff in the queue cause this? Like 185 pages worth.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

westsidesuburbanite wrote: November 26th, 2022, 11:40 am Would having a lot of stuff in the queue cause this? Like 185 pages worth.
Ouch. Yes.

Out of curiosity: what is your RAM usage of SABnzbd with that Queue? I believe Queue eats up RAM (because SAB loads each queue item into RAM?)
westsidesuburbanite

My current ram usage is only about 1GB, so not really much.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

so your mega-queue is mainly causing CPU usage?
westsidesuburbanite

Basically. But sab just keeps freezing up is the issue. I have everything paused and when I select to force a download who knows when it will start. It will do the "lost connection" sometimes, or it will just sit there and do nothing. No disk activity whatsoever. I disabled the tracker so it wasn't loading any more new stuff to the queue. That error comes up all the time. Could that be related to the usenet server?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

"lost connection" happens when SAB is not feeding your webbrowser. Probably because SAB is working fully working on your 185 page queue.

So ... what do you want? You could stop SAB, delete your queue by renaming it to BIG_queue.sab, start SAB again, and then only create a reasonable queue.

On Windows, the queue is in %userprofile%\AppData\Local\sabnzbd\admin , with filename queue10.sab
westsidesuburbanite

Right now I'm just trying to even shut it down, but it's frozen up so bad it won't even shut down. Just keeps throwing that same error. Don't really want to just force close it. I was hoping to just push through a bunch of stuff to clear up the queue, but right now it won't do anything.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Keep the interface closed. Every queue update we have to loop over all items. So not having the interface open will give it more space to breathe and shut down.

You can also trigger shutdown through right clicking the tray icon.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
westsidesuburbanite

Thanks! Yeah right now it doesn't look like it's doing anything, even shutting down. Normally when it shuts down it flushes the cache to disk and the temp file directory has writes to every queue item and right now there's nothing. So hopefully it will eventually do something. Thank you!
westsidesuburbanite

safihre wrote: November 26th, 2022, 1:44 pm Keep the interface closed. Every queue update we have to loop over all items. So not having the interface open will give it more space to breathe and shut down.

You can also trigger shutdown through right clicking the tray icon.
Is there way to shutdown with command line? I have no tray icon. Idk if this is why it was messed up, but after it "shutdown" there's still a process running. Idk if there's 2 instances or something.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Yes: google "windows kill process from command line"

But easier from GUI:

Via Task Manager
Press "Ctrl + Alt + Delete" Key or "Window + X" Key and click the Task Manager option.
Click on the "Processes" Tab.
Select a process you want to kill, and perform one of the actions below. Press the Delete key. Click on the End task button. Right-click on the process, and click on End task.