speed issues

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
thatguy

speed issues

Post by thatguy »

Ok, I thought it was me, but I went back to 3.6.1 and can get an average of 107.1 MB/s.
I am using Windows 11 Pro on an I9 32 gig memory with ssd and nvme drive.

For some reason, 3.7.0 and 3.7.1 I only get about 90 -95 MB/s.

Right now I am on 3.6.1 I will again try 3.7.1 but if the speed drops looks like I will stay at 3.6.1

This is using the 10GB test file in sabnzbd.
I was always able to get over 100 or better as I show here I hit 107.1MB/s

I will try to this update when I can.
Puzzled

Re: speed issues

Post by Puzzled »

Intuitively the upgrade to Python 3.11 seems like the most likely reason. You're running from a direct SABnzbd install, not some kind of VM or container?
thatguy

Post by thatguy »

Puzzled wrote: December 19th, 2022, 6:37 pm Intuitively the upgrade to Python 3.11 seems like the most likely reason. You're running from a direct SABnzbd install, not some kind of VM or container?
Yeah, no VM or other, just direct installation to Win 11.
I am not sure, sadly, when I will get time again to test. Another said they have seen no difference, but I surely have it documented on my system.
The only difference is the version number of sab nothing else has been changed on my system, so weird it drops speed in 3.7.1 and is ok in 3.6.1.
I guess until I do have more time, hopefully towards the end of the week, and it does not change I can make out with staying at 3.6.1.
If others don't have the issue, great, let them use the latest version 3.7.1
And it's not a slow old system like I said it's a new I9 with high speed network etc. and again the fact I get speed back in 3.6.1 says a lot.
thatguy

Post by thatguy »

Ok, ignore this.

I don't know why I had it happen before with sabnzbd only I had to uninstall the version I had and then install 3.7.1 and speeds are back.

I will try to remember in the future just uninstall old version and install new versions, not upgrade or install over older version. Although, most other programs can be done like that.
Maybe this will help someone else as well. It happened under Win10pro and Win11pro now on me.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

On Windows in general I've also seen Windows Defender mess with new releases, constantly scanning the execution and connections, making it slower.
Indeed I hope the speeds stay as expected!
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
thatguy

Post by thatguy »

safihre wrote: December 20th, 2022, 3:17 am On Windows in general I've also seen Windows Defender mess with new releases, constantly scanning the execution and connections, making it slower.
Indeed I hope the speeds stay as expected!
I will note that, too, yes sometime windows defender can do that. I can exclude the sabnzbd exe. There are times there are other processes or programs that can be or need to be excluded, as you can exclude the process and exe.
I have not had to do that since update to Win11pro and over all the problem started as stated when updating to 1.7.0, and then I figure try 1.7.1.
I really though over all have not had Win11pro that long it would not run on my older computer but came and runs fine with the new I9 32gig memory, so I still have things to adjust.
I don't see my speed changing, unless then it's the provider or ISP and in future do as I stated uninstall it, it really doesn't take that long then install so not to hype up a speed issue that really is not happening.
I usually try several things before I jump on, oh the new version is slower boat.
Once the exclusions are back in that should stay as well, I think I had a few on my Win10pro but have not had time to really access the old compute since this one runs so fast and smooth.