Don't delete scripts on upgrade

Want something added? Ask for it here.
boydcrowder

Don't delete scripts on upgrade

Post by boydcrowder »

This drives me semi-insane, but can you not delete scripts in C_Program Files_SABnzbd_scripts during an upgrade? I have two Plex servers and I like to make sure my parent's Plex server is running OK, I do an upgrade of SABnzbd, forget that it wipes out the scripts folder, then days later I wonder why I don't get e-mail notifications and then I "remember" what the problem is.

I'm going to make sabnzbd-notify(dot)py read-only and see if that works for saving the file.

I got a warning I can't post links, so I had to substitute certain chars to post this.
OneCD

Re: Don't delete scripts on upgrade

Post by OneCD »

Have you tried putting your scripts directory somewhere else?
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE
boydcrowder

Post by boydcrowder »

I guess that's the next step. I just don't understand why the default scripts folder gets wiped out on an upgrade? You think it would preserve all existing files.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

boydcrowder wrote: February 27th, 2023, 12:27 pm I guess that's the next step. I just don't understand why the default scripts folder gets wiped out on an upgrade? You think it would preserve all existing files.
SAB does not do that ... unless you put the script-folder inside the SAB Program Files folder
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

It's most certainly not the default folder, you chose it manually.
Indeed it should not be there, since Program Files are meant for.. Program Files, not User files!
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate