4vb1 Orphaned Jobs listing hidden folders

Questions and bug reports for Beta releases should be posted here.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
buzzword

4vb1 Orphaned Jobs listing hidden folders

Post by buzzword »

In windows version of SAB the Orphaned Jobs tab in the Status and Interface options is listing the $RECYLE.BIN and System Volume Information folders as orphans, and they are included in the count in the tab name. They are not causing an Orphaned files message at startup, just appearing listed in the tab. Likely the list and tab name count are not filtering out hidden and/or system folders.

I mentioned this as far back as beta for v3.6, at the time I was told "I don't think we changed anything related to that? Was it happening in 3.53?" and I never tested further as I left on a trip. As far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter when it started happening, it's still present in 4vb1
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: 4vb1 Orphaned Jobs listing hidden folders

Post by sander »

buzzword wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 3:05 pm I never tested further as I left on a trip.
Welcome back! That was in march 2022, so quite a trip?
buzzword wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 3:05 pm As far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter when it started happening, it's still present in 4vb1
That response / analyze method is triggered because you say "v3.6.0Beta1 Orphaned Jobs includes System Folders". so ... "Beta". And now you say "4vb1", so ... a beta again. If something goes wrong in a beta, it's a first check if it happened in the previous main release.
Puzzled

Post by Puzzled »

I don't think there's a filter for directories like that. Most people don't use the root directory of a volume for SAB so they wouldn't see it.
buzzword

Post by buzzword »

Puzzled wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 8:18 am I don't think there's a filter for directories like that. Most people don't use the root directory of a volume for SAB so they wouldn't see it.
It's a ram disk, it's main use is SAB temporary download. I can work around by setting up a folder, but it appears to be getting filtered in some instances because for example, it doesn't trigger the orphans present message when SAB is started.
buzzword

Post by buzzword »

sander wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 2:27 am
buzzword wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 3:05 pm I never tested further as I left on a trip.
Welcome back! That was in march 2022, so quite a trip?
buzzword wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 3:05 pm As far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter when it started happening, it's still present in 4vb1
That response / analyze method is triggered because you say "v3.6.0Beta1 Orphaned Jobs includes System Folders". so ... "Beta". And now you say "4vb1", so ... a beta again. If something goes wrong in a beta, it's a first check if it happened in the previous main release.
That long ago? Wow, forgot about it (rarely use the orphans tab). Brought it up now because reporting the undeleted .par2 files bug made me think of it. Thanks for the response/analyze explanation, much appreciated.