The Connection was Reset Error 10054

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
mps38

The Connection was Reset Error 10054

Post by mps38 »

Hi,

Thank you in advance for your help.

System
Windows 11, fully updated
Sabnzbd latest stable version downloaded
giganews
kaspersky anti virus
sonarr
radarr
my systems is fairly straightforward, standard installations, no custom configurations
Desktop connected via wifi to google nest then out to internet
Synology connected to google wifi as part of home network

Problem
With Kaspersky turned on, i cannot access my Sabnzbd homepage on my desktop
The page displays an error message The Connection was Reset
With Kaspersky turned off, i can access Sabnzbd homepage on my desktop

However, even when i can access Sabnzbd homepage, i cannot connect to giganews
It gives me WinError 10054 whenever i try testing connection to giganews
connection failed

Does anyone have an idea what this problem could be?

My firewalls are standard, i did not customize anything.

Everything was working fine till 3 days ago.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
mps38
emmafrost1

Re: The Connection was Reset Error 10054

Post by emmafrost1 »

Here are a few suggestions to troubleshoot the problem:

Kaspersky Settings: Check the settings of Kaspersky antivirus and make sure it is not blocking the connections to Sabnzbd or Giganews. Look for any firewall or network-related settings that could be interfering with the connections. You may need to whitelist or add exceptions for these applications to ensure they can establish connections.

Temporary Disabling: As a temporary solution for troubleshooting purposes, you can try disabling Kaspersky antivirus and check if you can access Sabnzbd and connect to Giganews. If the issue is resolved when Kaspersky is turned off, it indicates that the antivirus software is likely causing the problem.

Network Configuration: Ensure that your network connection is stable and properly configured. Verify that your Wi-Fi connection to Google Nest and the network settings on your Synology are correct. You can try restarting your router and other network devices to refresh the connections.

Sabnzbd and Giganews Settings: Review the settings in Sabnzbd and Giganews to ensure they are correctly configured. Double-check the server addresses, ports, usernames, passwords, and SSL settings if applicable. It's possible that a recent update or configuration change might have affected the connectivity.

Contact Support: If the issue persists, it may be helpful to reach out to the support teams of Kaspersky, Sabnzbd, or Giganews. They can provide further guidance and assistance specific to their products and services.

Remember to exercise caution when making changes to your system's security settings and consult official documentation or support channels for detailed instructions.

I hope these suggestions help you resolve the connectivity problems you are experiencing.