Sonnar not connecting to SAB but works fine on Radar

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
KillerMaze

Sonnar not connecting to SAB but works fine on Radar

Post by KillerMaze »

I'm not sure what's causing an issue here but all of a sudden today my sonnar stop connecting to the Sab. I was having a similar issue with Radaar but I reentered the configuration settings and the test went fine.

When I tried the same thing for Sonar - I get the following error: "Test was aborted due to an error: Unable to connect to SABnzbd, The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive."

I have the same exact API key configured in Raddarr for Sonnarr and still receiving this message.

I did update SAB and I'm not using SSL on either app. I did disable the Windows firewall to make sure I rule that out. I'm not sure what else this could be.

Thanks for any help to help me solve this.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Sonnar not connecting to SAB but works fine on Radar

Post by sander »

What URL do you use yourself to access SABnzbd from your webbroser?
What URL have you put into Radarr to access SABnzbd?
What URL have you put into Sonarr to access SABnzbd?
KillerMaze

Post by KillerMaze »

sander wrote: June 7th, 2023, 1:01 am What URL do you use yourself to access SABnzbd from your webbroser? http://127.0.0.1:8080/
What URL have you put into Radarr to access SABnzbd? Host: 127.0.01 Port: 8080 (Connects Fine)
What URL have you put into Sonarr to access SABnzbd? Host: 127.0.01 Port: 8080 (Get error message)
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Mismatch http versus https?
KillerMaze

Post by KillerMaze »

sander wrote: June 7th, 2023, 4:39 am Mismatch http versus https?
I don't have SSL enabled on any of the apps. i looked into that as well.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

You can do two further things:

Inspect logging in Sonarr. Hopefully that Sonarr logging will tell why it cannot connect.

Inspect logging in SABnzbd. Mabye SABnzbd logging will tell why it refuses a connection. But if it were a wrong API key, SABnzb's GUI would already say so ...
KillerMaze

Post by KillerMaze »

sander wrote: June 7th, 2023, 7:32 am You can do two further things:

Inspect logging in Sonarr. Hopefully that Sonarr logging will tell why it cannot connect.

Inspect logging in SABnzbd. Mabye SABnzbd logging will tell why it refuses a connection. But if it were a wrong API key, SABnzb's GUI would already say so ...
How would I go about finding the logs for SAB?

I did find the ones for Sonnarr but its a different language to me. Maybe you can help assist a little.

[v3.0.10.1567] System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacket(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest, Boolean renegotiation)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest, Boolean renegotiation)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
at System.Net.TlsStream.CallProcessAuthentication(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Net.TlsStream.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult result)
at System.Net.TlsStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.Net.PooledStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeaders(Boolean async)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookies) in C:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:line 111
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.ExecuteRequest(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookieContainer) in C:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:line 126
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute(HttpRequest request) in C:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:line 59
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Get[T](HttpRequest request) in C:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:line 286
at NzbDrone.Core.MetadataSource.SkyHook.SkyHookProxy.GetSeriesInfo(Int32 tvdbSeriesId) in C:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MetadataSource\SkyHook\SkyHookProxy.cs:line 50
at NzbDrone.Core.Tv.RefreshSeriesService.RefreshSeriesInfo(Int32 seriesId) in C:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\Tv\RefreshSeriesService.cs:line 63
at NzbDrone.Core.Tv.RefreshSeriesService.Execute(RefreshSeriesCommand message) in C:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\Tv\RefreshSeriesService.cs:line 227
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Short answer: ask for help on the Sonarr forum because of the "End of inner exception stack trace ---". Not good.

Longer answer: I vaguely remind I reported this on their forum, and - to say it politely - did not consider it a problem ...

Long answer: if this stack trace error occurs at the moment Sonarr tries to connect to SABnzbd ... you have found the cause: " System.Net.Security.SslState." ... so you're using SSL (=HTTPS) ... while you said you didn't use that ...
KillerMaze

Post by KillerMaze »

sander wrote: June 7th, 2023, 12:34 pm Short answer: ask for help on the Sonarr forum because of the "End of inner exception stack trace ---". Not good.

Longer answer: I vaguely remind I reported this on their forum, and - to say it politely - did not consider it a problem ...

Long answer: if this stack trace error occurs at the moment Sonarr tries to connect to SABnzbd ... you have found the cause: " System.Net.Security.SslState." ... so you're using SSL (=HTTPS) ... while you said you didn't use that ...
It's weird and I wish i could display screenshots but I don't have the check box for SSL checked off. Is there anywhere else to turn on SSL outside of the configuration box?

Thanks
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

You can post an image on https://postimages.org/ and then post the URL.

But if you you're going to post an image of SABnzbd, you're looking in the wrong spot: you must look in Sonarr.
KillerMaze

Post by KillerMaze »

sander wrote: June 7th, 2023, 2:02 pm You can post an image on https://postimages.org/ and then post the URL.

But if you you're going to post an image of SABnzbd, you're looking in the wrong spot: you must look in Sonarr.
yup. Thanks for the URL. but you can see SSL is not checked off.

https://postimg.cc/qh2xjfR3
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

OK, good!

Then report the problem and trace back on the Sonarr forum.