Sabnzbd test download fails on giganews - not complete

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
therealncg

Sabnzbd test download fails on giganews - not complete

Post by therealncg »

Hi all,

I've been getting really slow speeds from giganews and decided to try the internal test download. (Wrench icon > Test Download), All three of the test downloads fail on giganews as not complete.

These test downloads are ok using usenetexpress or newsdemon.

While trying to troubleshoot this I was wondering if there are other things that I can check?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Sabnzbd test download fails on giganews - not complete

Post by sander »

Contact giganews, and tell them what you wrote here.

Until they solve that, do not trust on giganews for your downloads.
therealncg

Post by therealncg »

sander wrote: August 2nd, 2023, 3:41 am Contact giganews, and tell them what you wrote here.

Until they solve that, do not trust on giganews for your downloads.
Yeah, Giganews only say the following:
Upon review of your logs I found Error 430: This error will be shown when a file cannot be found and the newsreader is not sure why it is not present. It could have fallen out of retention, or it may have been removed by the person who originally posted it.
So I am looking for advice or information on who/how the test download files get posted and if they are reposted intermittently?
Are any other Giganews users experiencing the same issue?

They also suggested to test with the hostname news-central dot giganews dot com but I get the same result. (dot's deliberate as I can't post links)
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

> who/how the test download files get posted and if they are reposted intermittently?

We (from the SAB team) post it. The current one was posted a year ago or so.

As it's only a year old, it should not be a out-of-retention with giganews. But it is a problem at giganews', so they should solve it.

For you, we can post another test file, so fresh & new. But if that downloads well, I think that does not solve your problem.

EDIT:

The giganews person apparently does not understand the relevance of the reftest file. It should always download correct.
Not good from giganews person. Mabye you can post it on https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/new/ ... hoping the Giganews person is there. Subject: "giganews failing on sabnzbd reference download"
therealncg

Post by therealncg »

sander wrote: August 3rd, 2023, 12:00 am EDIT:

The giganews person apparently does not understand the relevance of the reftest file. It should always download correct.
Not good from giganews person. Mabye you can post it on reddit ... hoping the Giganews person is there. Subject: "giganews failing on sabnzbd reference download"
Thanks Sander,

I followed your advice and the Giganews person there did see and respond and the issue seems fixed.