4.1 Alpha external access bug?

Questions and bug reports for Beta releases should be posted here.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
janitoronmars

4.1 Alpha external access bug?

Post by janitoronmars »

Figured I would report this potential issue here since I am not sure if it's a bug or a change in the way host is defined in Sabnzbd configuration. I am running 4.1 Alpha on Xubuntu 22.04.1 LTS. Prior to the last upgrade, everything was working fine. I don't use external access. More often than not, I access the web interface on the server itself in Firefox. I don't run Sabnzbd in Docker or a VM. After upgrading, my usual bookmark stopped working and the webpage said "external access is blocked". My host was the static internal IP of my server and external access was set to 0. I changed the setting of external access to 4 in the config file, relaunched the service and then I could access the web interface. I tried leaving the host blank or adding localhost or 0.0.0.0 in there but got locked out again until I went back to inet exposure 4. For now, I have added a username and password so I can continue accessing the web interface.l but would like to be able to turn external access off. Any ideas appreciated, thanks.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 4.1 Alpha external access bug?

Post by safihre »

You should check the logging why it is blocked. Could be hostname or ip based.
From what version did you update? This check didn't change for some versions already.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
janitoronmars

Post by janitoronmars »

Thank you for the response. From my backups, looks like it was from 4.0.3RC1. I did a quick config change to "Full Web interface - Only external access requires login" and am still getting a login prompt on the local machine. Will do more testing here in a bit and look again at the logs (I think this error had been happening for since the update and I had not noticed, since when I looked at the logs yesterday they were full of the same error: WARNING::[interface:385] Refused connection from: 10.0.1.10 [Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/116.0]).
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Refused connection from: 10.0.1.10
And on which IP address is SABnzbd running?

EDIT: plus: via which URL do you access SABnzbd?
janitoronmars

Post by janitoronmars »

That is the IP it is running from, and I double checked, IP has not changed, and is reserved through my router. Here is the address I have used for quite some time: http://10.0.1.10:8080/sabnzbd/.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Oh, SABnzbd and browser are on the same machine?

If so: what if you use http://127.0.0.1:8080/
janitoronmars

Post by janitoronmars »

Thanks for responding. Yes, same machine. Localhost address does not work (I presume expected behaviour, since my host in configuration is 10.0.1.10). I did try "localhost" as well as 127.0.0.1 as entries in the configuration but that did not at the time resolve my inability to access the web interface. Let me try it again and report results.
janitoronmars

Post by janitoronmars »

All right, I was able to set 127.0.0.1 as the host, changed back to "no access" and was able to access in the browser via http://127.0.0.1:8080/, with and without authentication. I was also able to change to 0.0.0.0 and again able to access via localhost, but the main window was full of errors like the ones I saw in the logs, Refused connection from: 10.0.1.10 [Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/116.0]). I was not able to leave that field empty (I believe the wiki says this is a valid action). I do use NZB360 on my phone to access SAB from within my LAN from time to time, and that won't work with the localhost setting. Hope this helps, thanks again.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

If you set it to 0.0.0.0 it will bind to your device's IP, so it will work again for NZB360.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
janitoronmars

Post by janitoronmars »

Thanks. I tried 0.0.0.0, but it was flooding the main window with the refused connection errors, not sure why.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

It might be the older warnings still or another browser being open.
janitoronmars

Post by janitoronmars »

Thanks, yes, on trying again, 0.0.0.0 worked with external access turned on. On changing the setting to "No Access" I was locked out again on restart, same error saying external access is blocked. I can live with this probably, I can see about reverting to the previous version and seeing if the behaviour changes.
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jcfp »

Did you define any local_ranges in config->special? If so, try clearing out that setting..
janitoronmars

Post by janitoronmars »

jcfp wrote: August 22nd, 2023, 5:26 am Did you define any local_ranges in config->special? If so, try clearing out that setting..
Appreciate the response. No, I never set any IP ranges in there.
hoyage

Post by hoyage »

I am having the same issue since updating last night. Unable to access sabnzbd from http://plex:8080 like i normally do. Ended up having to enable web access. IP of server is 192.168.0.16 and PC is 192.168.0.14 but for some reason sabnzbd is seeing it external. Host is set to 0.0.0.0 nothing in special local_ranges host_whitelist is set to plex