Returning User / Memories of Usenet

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
RXP

Returning User / Memories of Usenet

Post by RXP »

Hey everyone,

I started using SabNZBD back when it was first out (I'm guessing 2007?). I remember NINAN being another one that was pretty cool at the inception of NZB files but Sab blew it away. Prior to that I'd been using Newsreactor between 2002-2006 to grab threads and download files - a big improvement than manually doing that in Outlook Express!

In 2014 my Cable connection was eventually too fast for downloading full rate with Sab on my underpowered old PC's that I used so I moved to NZBGet. I noticed NZBGet crashing recently and that the project has been orphaned. I was delighted that SabNZBD is still around and going strong! Shockingly the CPU performance has dramatically improved too.

I logged back into my old account and it's still here too. It's amazing that some of these apps I use now like Sonarr/Radarr etc. are getting so reliable and amazing but they have been in development for a decade or more! I was seriously impressed at the start up wizard and how easy it was to jump back in. Back 10 years ago everything was such a pain to set up

Long live Sab!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Returning User / Memories of Usenet

Post by safihre »

Thanks for sharing :)
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate