Weird Beahvior with 4.1.0

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
jermdog2112

Weird Beahvior with 4.1.0

Post by jermdog2112 »

Fairly new to all of this, but I am seeing very odd behavior with the latest release. For every download, 2 files are being created with no extension:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA41985

and

πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€

Does anyone know what this is or what is going on? This occurs with every download, along with sab_test.txt, which I also cannot seem to stop. Any help would be appreciated.

Win 11, SABnzbd 4.1.0
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Weird Beahvior with 4.1.0

Post by safihre »

That sounds very strange. What kind of things are you downloading?
Are you sure your Sabnzbd isn't exposed to the internet and someone is messing with you?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
jermdog2112

Post by jermdog2112 »

No one is messing with me. I've been doing periodic testing to be sure. It only happens when I download items - the usual stuff, nothing crazy or large. Does anyone know how to turn off the test download? It might be related to that.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

There is no test download, only if you initiate one yourself in the Status window.

Those files are created on startup to test your folders. So clearly something is wrong, otherwise that file would be automatically removed..

Where are your download folders?
Don't you get an error on startup?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
jermdog2112

Post by jermdog2112 »

Download, incomplete and complete folders are all on the same NAS drive (Synology). SABnzbd runs from a Windows 11 machine, not on the NAS. No errors on start up. When I have time, I guess I will uninstall and reinstall SABnzbd. I guess that might be an option. I'll make sure to make a copy of my ini file for all of my connection info.
jermdog2112

Post by jermdog2112 »

Reinstalling SABnzbd did not resolve the issue. Simply opening SABnzbd 4.1.0 is creating these files. The sab_test.txt file has the text " Some random content". The rocket file has the same exact text. The "A' file is actually ACEDO4~P as the real file name and cannot be opened.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

So what is the path to your download folders?

You should never put anything else than your complete folder on your NAS. Certainly not your Incomplete folder.
If you tried using network paths, SABNZBD will prevent you. But probably you used a mounted drive letter?
rlaphoenix

Post by rlaphoenix »

I too had this AAAAAA.... file in my drive roughly 2 days ago with the filename:

Code: Select all

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA20593
and it contains

Code: Select all

Some random content
Version: 4.2.3 [e7e06de]
Uptime: 2d (which coincides with it failing to remove on startup, roughly)
Config File: C:/Users/x/AppData/Local/sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini
Parameters: "C:/Program Files/SABnzbd/SABnzbd.exe" "-b0"
Python Version: 3.12.2 (tags/v3.12.2:6abddd9, Feb 6 2024, 21:26:36) [MSC v.1937 64 bit (AMD64)] [cp1252]
OpenSSL: OpenSSL 3.0.13 30 Jan 2024

The Web UI shows a LOT of the following kinds of errors:

ERROR: 2 days ago Failed making (D:/.sab/incomplete/FileNameRedacted)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "sabnzbd/filesystem-dot-py", line 751, in create_all_dirs
File "<frozen os>", line 225, in makedirs
PermissionError: [WinError 5] Access is denied: '////?//D://.sab//incomplete//FileNameRedacted'

However, I believe I know the issue here to some degree. D drive is a StableBit DrivePool containing an array of drives both in an Orico 5-bay external USB Bay, but also WD Elements External Drives and internal drives. The Orico bay was turned off on boot and then turned on soon after boot. I presume what happened here is StableBit DrivePool was able to store the .txt to one of the drives in a botched state, or botched trying to then remove it or when storing the NZB file data to D drive.