Crashing at end of downloads

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
H1ghland3r

Crashing at end of downloads

Post by H1ghland3r »

I've been using SAB since 2016 without issue and it has, in fact, proven to be one of the most stable and reliable pieces of software I've ever used.
However, since updating to v4.2.0 I have had an issue with all downloads getting to almost completed, the d/l speed drops off and then SAB crashes.
This is happening with all downloads, including test downloads from within the software. When I restart the software the d/l has gone completely, not showing in either d/l's or history.
I also checked the logs and there is nothing being recorded as to the reason for the failure, simply notifications of the softwares restart.
The problem persists on v4.2.1 and v4.2.2RC
In an attempt to rule out potential issues outside of the software I have setup an alternative tool (NZBGet) running concurrently on the same hardware, using the same connection and the same servers. It is completing d/l's without issue.
This is running on a rack mounted Xeon based server with Windows Server 2012r2. (I am aware that this OS is out of support and am in the process of transitioning to a Linux based system but it takes time)
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Crashing at end of downloads

Post by safihre »

Could you enable Debug logging in the Status window and then download the test file. After the crash, click Show Logging and send the logs to me at [email protected]
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
H1ghland3r

Post by H1ghland3r »

I have sent the file as requested.
Oddly the test file seemed to complete this time before SAB crashed. 🤷
H1ghland3r

Post by H1ghland3r »

Just to wrap this up for any future reference. Turns out that it was caused by Windows Notifications while running SAB as a service. Deactivating notifications solved the issue. I understand it will be addressed in 4.2.2