Almost all downloads fail missing 1-2 blocks

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
traydee21

Almost all downloads fail missing 1-2 blocks

Post by traydee21 »

Good day all, im a long time Sabnzb user, 10-12 years?
Im running the latest Windows 10, fully patched, reliable internet, and Sabnzbd 4.2.2. (i think this was also happening on the previous version before I updated, I thought the new version might fix it).
For the last week or two pretty much every download fails missing 1,2,3 blocks, even though there are repair files available. Funny thing is, if I download with Newsleecher (manually) the same downloads all complete 100% without needing PAR files.

So sab is some how missing 1 or 2 blocks on what is actually a complete nzb, and then refusing to download the par2 files.
One thing that stands out is that when newsleecher downloads the files, they are all random names, without extensions, so i need to rename the first one to (anything.par2) and then Quickpar renames and verifies all the files properly.

Any thoughts?

newsleecher is quite a manual process, so it gets annoying.

thanks
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Almost all downloads fail missing 1-2 blocks

Post by sander »

SAB -> Wrench-symbol -> Status -> 1GB test download ... what is the result?

Please repeat a few times.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

If the test download succeeds, can you share which newssever you use and then send the NZB to me at [email protected]?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
traydee21

Post by traydee21 »

I tested the 1GB download and it worked fine. Im running some regular downloads now, and 4 have completed good.

I wonder if it was a blip. One thing I changed was switching my newsgroups mirror server back to a physically further one. It seems to work better.

It still doesnt explain why the downloads would fail when missing one block, even with available PARs.