Installation troubleshooting

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
ghostcorps

Installation troubleshooting

Post by ghostcorps »

HI Guys,

I have just started using SABnzbd, thanks for being patient while I am ironing out a few issues with my installation, this post has been updated a few times, I hope that isn't going to annoy anyone?

Initially, my problem was that I had two files stuck verifying for hours, I had to restart SABnzbd to complete them. Is there a way to check the verification progress in case this happens again?

After the stalled verifications, I was not getting any connections to the news-server. The machine has net access, but there were no connections even after I restarted SABnzbd. I fixed this by enabling anonymous requests on my router also known as DDoS protection, odd that it worked last night, but oh well :)

The latest trouble is that the default action is set to 'Delete' and to clean the par2 files, but neither of these are happening. Obviously this is not a show stopper by any means. :)

SABnzbd: 0.4.11
CPU: Core2 Duo E7500 (2.93ghz)
HDDs: System Disk=1x15k 75GB SCSI (Seagate)
         Storage Disk=8x500GB SATAII (Seagate) RAID5 W/Highpoint hardware RAID Controller card. I have set the download folders on the RAID array, is this ok?

Last edited by ghostcorps on October 30th, 2009, 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Version: 0.4.12_2
Install-type: Install from Ports
Firewall: On router
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Installation troubleshooting

Post by shypike »

Depending on the speed of the system, size of the download and the amount of repair needed
verification runs can take many hours.
The verification/repair is done by the standard external utility par2 over which we
have very little control.
We are totally dependent on the quality of the par2 and unrar programs from the
FreeBSD repositories. Escpecially unrar from repositories tend to be of debious quality.
I recommend that you use the original unrar from RarLab (see: http://www.rarlab.com/rar_add.htm )

I have no idea about your router issue, doesn't ring a bell.

If verification fails, the par2 files will not be deleted.
Any par2 files that happen to be in the NZB but are not associated with a
par2-set, will not be deleted.
ghostcorps

Re: Installation troubleshooting

Post by ghostcorps »

Thanks! :)

I will install unrar immediatly.

The router thing isn't an issue anymore. I just left the issue and my solution for other people to stumble upon :)

The verifications seem to succeed as there is no error report. I have a feeling it has to do with permissions.

Thanks again
Last edited by ghostcorps on October 30th, 2009, 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Version: 0.4.12_2
Install-type: Install from Ports
Firewall: On router