Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
Homerboy

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by Homerboy »

scope wrote: Possibly a bug, if not I must have missed a setting.. One of my shows were marked as Missed this morning, even though it was showing on nzbmatrix.. I realised it was down to the nzb not being called S01EXX, but "pt IV" (God knows why they decided to do this).. Anyway, I downloaded it manually from nzbmatrix, but as the post processing was set to Sick Beard it ended up deleting the file as it couldnt rename it:

Final folder name is F:\Video\TV Rips\XXX  (correct)

The biggest file in the dir is: F:\Video\TV Rips\XXX Pt IV XX\xxx.pt.4.xxx.avi (correct)

PDeleting folder F:\Video\TV Rips\xxx   (wow, you havent moved the file to the "correct" folder yet)

Have I configured something wrong?
HA! I too was just wondering why THAT SHOW wasn't snagged last night. IV? Come on.
sentra99

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by sentra99 »

midgetspy wrote:
What python version are you running? (http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/issues/detail?id=248)
As far as I know I am not using python. I am running on windows 7.  I just downloaded the rar file and ran the program from there. Everything was fine till this new version.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

scope wrote: Possibly a bug, if not I must have missed a setting.. One of my shows were marked as Missed this morning, even though it was showing on nzbmatrix.. I realised it was down to the nzb not being called S01EXX, but "pt IV" (God knows why they decided to do this).. Anyway, I downloaded it manually from nzbmatrix, but as the post processing was set to Sick Beard it ended up deleting the file as it couldnt rename it:

The biggest file in the dir is: F:\Video\TV Rips\XXX Pt IV XX\xxx.pt.4.xxx.avi (correct)

PDeleting folder F:\Video\TV Rips\xxx   (wow, you havent moved the file to the "correct" folder yet)

You're using an old version, that bug's fixed in the current version. (Though "pt 4" and "pt IV" are never going to get processed but at least it won't delete it on you anymore)

penguin: what do you mean your history is processing every second, all day? And about the NZBs, which download client are you using?
scope

Post by scope »

midgetspy wrote:

You're using an old version, that bug's fixed in the current version. (Though "pt 4" and "pt IV" are never going to get processed but at least it won't delete it on you anymore)

penguin: what do you mean your history is processing every second, all day? And about the NZBs, which download client are you using?
I am using 438, so not that old. :D  I dont see anything in the changelog for 439 to fix this?  I'll upgrade and see if it sorts the problem.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Old enough :0)
Fixed a bug with the new post-processing code
ScottAllyn

Post by ScottAllyn »

midgetspy wrote:penguin: what do you mean your history is processing every second, all day?
I've noticed this behavior, as well. If I have "Automatically post-process episodes" enabled, SB appears to process every episode in my folder structure once every 10 minutes. I have that setting disabled right now, but if I reenable it, my history log will be huge in no time at all.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Auto post process should only process whatever's in your "TV Download Dir"... what is it set to?

Also are you saying that stuff is appearing in your history multiple times because of auto post processing? Stuff should only get into your history if it was successfully processed (and should only be successfully processed once) so can you show me some examples of this?
ScottAllyn

Post by ScottAllyn »

::smacks palm to forehead:: My TV Download Dir was the root directory of my episode directories. That basically put SB in an infinite loop of trying to copy the episode files back over themselves.  At least I wasn't the only one to screw up the configuration this way.. ::pointing at penguin:: :D

Fixed!
Last edited by ScottAllyn on April 5th, 2010, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

ScottAllyn wrote: ::smacks palm to forehead:: My TV Download Dir was the root directory of my episode directories. That basically put SB in an infinite loop of trying to copy the episode files back over themselves.  At least I wasn't the only one to screw up the configuration this way.. ::pointing at penguin:: :D

Fixed!
I should probably manually make sure that people don't  do that... I'll commit it later :0)
Di6iTAL

Post by Di6iTAL »

I love this app, but I'm having a problem that I don't know how to fix.  (im new to this sort of app, was using NZB-TV to fetch all new eps for me, so pls bare with me)

Im missing an ep from a show I have, after I hit "search" on the column to the far right of show SB grabs it for me and sends to SAB, great.  After the download is done, it takes some time for the file to get moved to proper season folder (was wondering why that takes some time, and if there was a way I can make SB do it faster?)

Also I hit the refresh button after SB moved to new season folder and somehow it deleted all the other season files (not the season folders, their still there, just the files within them), it deleted 4 seasons worth of stuff.  I believe I've hit the refresh button before with nothing happening like that.

What did I do wrong? (I hit the refresh button again after grabbing an episode and it did the same thing, only this time the show is only 10 eps in)

Thanks for any help
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Di6iTAL wrote: I love this app, but I'm having a problem that I don't know how to fix.  (im new to this sort of app, was using NZB-TV to fetch all new eps for me, so pls bare with me)

Im missing an ep from a show I have, after I hit "search" on the column to the far right of show SB grabs it for me and sends to SAB, great.  After the download is done, it takes some time for the file to get moved to proper season folder (was wondering why that takes some time, and if there was a way I can make SB do it faster?)

Also I hit the refresh button after SB moved to new season folder and somehow it deleted all the other season files (not the season folders, their still there, just the files within them), it deleted 4 seasons worth of stuff.  I believe I've hit the refresh button before with nothing happening like that.

What did I do wrong? (I hit the refresh button again after grabbing an episode and it did the same thing, only this time the show is only 10 eps in)

Thanks for any help
Post a log of it deleting the stuff and I will take a look. It sounds like you are post-processing an episode from inside its own folder or something, though it should be stopping you from doing that (it could have been broken with the new post-process changes though).
Di6iTAL

Post by Di6iTAL »

midgetspy wrote:Post a log of it deleting the stuff and I will take a look. It sounds like you are post-processing an episode from inside its own folder or something, though it should be stopping you from doing that (it could have been broken with the new post-process changes though).
Thanks for such a quick reply!

The log files are huge (I have three atm), Im really not sure how to post those here, their quite long  I even tried posting in a pastebin so I could just send you a link, the logs seem to be to long or something. (man Im hard to help lol sorry)

Ive tested this a few times now on some stuff I dont care that much about.  I go to home page of SB, click on a show, hit refresh at top of page and it deletes all shows within.

Should I send you my log file via PM? - I did a quick scan and saw nothing about the deletions
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Just do this:

Close Sick Beard, delete your log file. Start Sick Beard, verify that your episodes are in the dir like you expect (probably want to use fake episodes for this if it's going to delete them). Do whatever is causing them to be deleted. Close Sick Beard, zip your sickbeard.log, and post it on a google code issue or email it to [email protected].
Di6iTAL

Post by Di6iTAL »

midgetspy wrote: Just do this:

Close Sick Beard, delete your log file. Start Sick Beard, verify that your episodes are in the dir like you expect (probably want to use fake episodes for this if it's going to delete them). Do whatever is causing them to be deleted. Close Sick Beard, zip your sickbeard.log, and post it on a google code issue or email it to [email protected].
I will do as soon as kids get to bed (hour max)  Thank you very, very much for all your hard work and dedication

EDIT: I've done what you asked and sent you an email with attachment. (as it happened again)  Thanks again for your time
Last edited by Di6iTAL on April 5th, 2010, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scope

Post by scope »

midgetspy: Since upgrading to 439 (from 438) I notice the log details available in sabnzbd (by pressing the more link) has been reduced. Would it be possible to get some more details there? Like which show/series, etc SB thinks it is processing, etc.. (Sorry, I though it was useful to see this. :)  )