IP address

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
seen

IP address

Post by seen »

Hi all,

Forgive me if this is a silly question.  My newsgroup allows only 1 IP address to connect at a time.  However, when I try to run both sabnzbd and another downloader like newzleecher, they will not work together because the recognized IP address by both are different according to my newsgroup provider. 

Sabnzbd is showing a different IP address than what I really have.  Is it proxied through a different site? 

Much thanks in advance..
inpheaux
Administrator
Administrator

Re: IP address

Post by inpheaux »

Are you sure it's an ip limitation? It's more likely that you're hitting a connection limit. If your host gives you 20 connections, and you're attempting to use 20 connections with sabnzbd and 20 connections with newzleecher it's going to fail.
seen

Re: IP address

Post by seen »

Thx for the quick response.  However it is definitely not a connection limit...I have a max of 20 so I split them evenly down the middle for both programs.

When I try to connect via newzleecher and sabnzbd is already running, it throws an error that I'm already connected from (...) IP which I know isn't mine.  As soon as I turn off sabnzbd, newzleecher connects without any problems.  ???