Download history..

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Comedy

Download history..

Post by Comedy »

HI, Maybe quite a basic question but i was looking through the .sabnzbd folder and I can't find the dowload history file... the source for the history data on the web gui. Can someone tell me where it is or how sab puts the data together.

Thanks!
DeXeS
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Download history..

Post by DeXeS »

In the cache folder there is a file called queue.sab. Don't know how it works tho...
Last edited by DeXeS on February 23rd, 2008, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comedy

Post by Comedy »

Is that definitely the log?.. the file is only 14 bytes but the amount of data in my history should definitely take more than 14 bytes.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Most info is in queue.sab.
It's a binary dump of a lot of internal Python data.
You're welcome to decode it using SABnzbd's source code, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Stick to the official interfaces (like the API's)  and add a feature request if you think you
there's not enough info in the API's.
inpheaux
Administrator
Administrator

Post by inpheaux »

As Shypike said, there are plenty of places SABnzbd exposes data in nice ordered formats. The two main ones are the live JSON and the History RSS.

Details on the live JSON can be seen here. JSON is useful if you're developing some manner of third-party app that wants to see what SABnzbd is doing without having to resort to screen scraping.

The History RSS can be found here, assuming you have a default install, otherwise, just look for the RSS icon when you're at the SABnzbd WebUI. History RSS is useful if - like it seems you do - you just want to see the history in a nice easy-to-parse format.
IDontWantToSignUp

Post by IDontWantToSignUp »

Comedy wrote:I can't find the dowload history file... the source for the history data on the web gui
.sabnzbd/admin/history1.db. Stop your new sab instance, copy that file from the old to the new PC and start sab up. Your history tab should be filled up.

I know this is an old thread but I'm commenting because I've done this several times and have to Google it each time. I'm sure in a year or two I'll hit my own comment here and be thankful someone actually answered :)
hypersucker

Post by hypersucker »

accidentally deleted the download queue/history. find it so unfortunate that there is no autobackup of that db file :(
(the ini seems to get a backup and there’s multiple log iterations…)

anyway, my current history.db shows at ~5MB and I found an old one from a year ago that’s just 44KB.

could my queue/history stats still be in that 5MB file and if so, how do I get it to show in sabnzbd?

any other way to undo purging a history?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Not really, the 5mb is probably leftover SQL.
You can enable Auto backup in SABnzbd 3.7.0! It's a new feature.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Maybe, maybe worth a try: download sqlitebrowser (https://sqlitebrowser.org/dl/) and with that open history1.db to see what's inside.

(or even more hardorce, on Linux: "sqlite3 history1.db .dump")
hypersucker

Post by hypersucker »

safihre wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 2:13 am Not really, the 5mb is probably leftover SQL.
You can enable Auto backup in SABnzbd 3.7.0! It's a new feature.
I might be blind but where is that switch?

Also, I was still on 3.6.1 any idea why I did not get that otherwise very persistant notification to upgrade?
hypersucker

Post by hypersucker »

sander wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 2:43 am Maybe, maybe worth a try: download sqlitebrowser (https://sqlitebrowser.org/dl/) and with that open history1.db to see what's inside.

(or even more hardorce, on Linux: "sqlite3 history1.db .dump")
I used notepad to quickly see inside and in fact, it’s all still there. Any way of getting sabnzbd to expose those again in the UI?

And, why is the whole (accidentally) deleted history still in there but not showing?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Because sqlite doesn't directly delete the records from the file, only after a cleanup ("vacuum").
You could try Sanders suggestion.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate