SABcontrol for Android

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
ludo

Re: SABcontrol for Android

Post by ludo »

Well here's the issue: I guess you downloaded the NZB via your device browser, e.g. on a site like binsearch.info. The problem is that the browser doesn't download the files correctly and these are not valid NZB files. If you add them to your SABnzbd queue via SABcontrol, the upload will be successful (hence no feedback about failure) but SABnzbd will not download it because it's invalid, so it does not appear in the queue.
I created an app called BinsearchDroid to avoid this problem but I had to unpublish it. The only thing I could do is check if the NZB file is valid before trying to upload it to SABnzbd and then bring up a message if it isn't.

Try to put some valid NZBs on your SD card and open them in SABcontrol, this will work and they'll appear in your queue.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

ludo wrote: Well here's the issue: I guess you downloaded the NZB via your device browser, e.g. on a site like binsearch.info. The problem is that the browser doesn't download the files correctly and these are not valid NZB files.
Indeed: the downloaded .NZBs are only 235B and "40.00B" in size. Do you know why this is happening? Is there a way to download NZBs correctly on Android?
Please don't send me unrequested PM's; the forum is the best way to communicate.
If someone helps you, please reply to that help.
f you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
ludo

Post by ludo »

The problem (at least with binsearch.info) is that the browser doesn't handle the gzip encoding correctly but I didn't look deeper into it. Some people meant they got it working with opera but it doesn't work for me with the latest version. I didn't try dolphin browser.
Whenever I'll find some time I want to integrate some searches (e.g. nzbmatrix, newzbin) but it might take a while since I'm quite busy. It's really too bad I had to unpublish BinsearchDroid, that would have been what you need.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

binsearch and nzbindex.nl lead to small (40 - 250 byte) files
yabsearch leads to "Download unsuccessful".

:-(

All with the default brower in my HTC Wildfire Android
Please don't send me unrequested PM's; the forum is the best way to communicate.
If someone helps you, please reply to that help.
f you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
ludo

Post by ludo »

The problem is I didn't find a way to "intercept" the browser download, tried with binsearch. None of the intent filter I used worked. If there is a coder looking at this thread whom would happen to know if there is an intent filter I can use to intercept the download, then I'd be glad if you'd let me know :)
ludo

Post by ludo »

A new version 2.0.2 has been published yesterday. However for SABcontrolPlus there was a build glitch causing sometimes crashes so I published a new version this morning (still 2.0.2), sorry for that. Here are the changes:
- Better troubleshooting: the cause of the connection problem is now displayed (see more details on the website) -> "Server not running or unreachable", "API key missing", "API key incorrect" or "Username and/or password incorrect"
- History: Queued/repairing/extracting/... downloads are no longer marked as failed but display the correct status
cardboardbox

Post by cardboardbox »

Finally got this to work by forwarding a port in my router.  I guess that was common sense but it took me a good 45 min to realize the problem.

Is this the correct method?  I dont want to open myself up to more risks than I have to by opening ports.
peja_

Post by peja_ »

hello
first, thanks ludo for helping me find out what was wrong with my setup (didnt forward https port and https was checked, dumb me :D)

now the issues:
i noticed a problem with the widget...its like its not clickable on a whole area...you must hit the right spot for it to take you to the app screen. anyone else noticed this?

also, is there a way to limit (change) the download speed? i can't find that option...

thats it for now.
thanks!
Last edited by peja_ on March 9th, 2011, 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ludo

Post by ludo »

no worries :)

The thing with the widget is that you have to click on the text to trigger the action, you can't click just anywhere because there are 2 actions depending on the label:
- switch between profiles by tapping on the profile name (e.g. "SABnzdb @ Default")
- open the app by tapping on the status text

You can limit the d/l speed only in SABcontrolPlus. Check the feature list here:
http://sites.google.com/site/ludodevel/ ... ontrolplus

Ludo
peja_

Post by peja_ »

ah, ok...

thanks again :)
ludo

Post by ludo »

Cool thing I just found out: use Firefox for Android with Binsearch! I tried version 4 and it successfuly passed the created NZB to SABcontrolPlus! :)
xTr3Me

Post by xTr3Me »

Hi guys,

can somebody tell me how I can use sabControl via 3G internet connection from my android mobile phone?

The only thing I know is that it should work via port forwarding.. but I have no idea how this works Sad

greetings,
Chris
psh

Post by psh »

Inkompatibel to Android 2.3.4  :'(
seamus

Post by seamus »

Help. I am having trouble logging in to SABcontrol. I believe I am following the advice of other posters here and have tried several permutations and combinations but my Galaxy S cannot log onto my server.

On the WebServer side my settings are:
Host: 0.0.0.0
Port: 8080
Username: me
Password: regular pwd
*I also tried having both of the above blank but no avail
API Key: long one
* I input it the first time into my phone and then for accuracy sent a text from Google Phone and copied it into my phone so there could be no input error.
Disable API Key: currently off but tried it "on" as well.
Enable HTTPS: Yes
HTTPS Port: 9090
https Cert: server.cert
https Key: server.key

On my Phone
SABnzbd host: 192.168.0.197 - Tried several other combinations of name.com and :9090/sabnzbd afterwards to no avail
port: 8080
Enable HTTPS:Checked
HTTPS Port: 9090
Always accept certificate: Yes
API Key: same as above - meticulously recreated
SABnzbd username - same as above but prefer blank
SABnzbd pwd: - same as above but prefer blank

HELP - I really like the concept of what you are doing here and would love to access from my Android.
Leecher2k

Post by Leecher2k »

Hi there,

first of all i wanna thank you for developing this great app.

i configured everything as mentioned and i can access my desktop sabnzbd via galaxy nexus if i am in the same (w)lan.

i wanted to use the app outside of my home to dl stuff from any place.

but if i am in my phonenetwork i cannot access the sabnzbd. is there a reason for this? is this supposed to only work in your own network?