SABcontrol for Android

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
daxxi13

Re: SABcontrol for Android

Post by daxxi13 »

Hi ludo,

thx for this great apps.
Can you add support of http authentication ?
I use apache reverse proxy with authentication.
neither http://login:[email protected] nor login:[email protected] in host works.

If you can't is sabcontrol opensource? can i modify them and install in my phone?

Thanks,
daxxi
caykroyd

Post by caykroyd »

Ludo,

Can you add a filter in binsearchdroid for file size?  When searching for movies I'd like to filter out files less than 3-4Gb.
eggplant

Post by eggplant »

Hi Ludo, thanks for creating the exact program I've been looking for.  That being said, I haven't been able to make use of it yet and I'm extremely frustrated.

I've set the server host for sabnzbd+ on my laptop to 0.0.0.0 and the port to 8080.  sabnzbd+ has and continues to run perfectly on this machine.

On my phone (Droid Eris) I've set the server host to the laptop's IP adress 192.xxx.x.xxx and the port to 8080.  Is this correct?  I continuously receive the "server not running or unreachable" status message. 

Other relevant settings:  SSL enabled on both PC and phone.  API is correct within sabcontrol settings on the phone.  Username and password on the phone are both blank, although I have also tried inputting my giganews server name and password. 

Do you (or anyone else) see any setting(s) that are obviously wrong?  I really appreciate your hard work and input and I'm hoping I can use sabcontrol soon.
ludo

Post by ludo »

daxxi13 wrote: Can you add support of http authentication ?
I use apache reverse proxy with authentication.
Hi daxxi,
can't you use SABnzbd's authentication? Sorry SABcontrol is not open source.

caykroyd wrote: Can you add a filter in binsearchdroid for file size?  When searching for movies I'd like to filter out files less than 3-4Gb.
Hi caykroyd,
good idea, I'll implement it as the next feature as soon as I find some time.

eggplant wrote: I've set the server host for sabnzbd+ on my laptop to 0.0.0.0 and the port to 8080.  sabnzbd+ has and continues to run perfectly on this machine.
On my phone (Droid Eris) I've set the server host to the laptop's IP adress 192.xxx.x.xxx and the port to 8080.  Is this correct?  I continuously receive the "server not running or unreachable" status message. 
Other relevant settings:  SSL enabled on both PC and phone.  API is correct within sabcontrol settings on the phone.  Username and password on the phone are both blank, although I have also tried inputting my giganews server name and password. 
Do you (or anyone else) see any setting(s) that are obviously wrong?  I really appreciate your hard work and input and I'm hoping I can use sabcontrol soon.
Hi eggplant,
you say you enabled SSL on SABnzbd+? The SSL port is different from the regular port (check the "HTTPS port" setting) so it should not be 8080, default is 9090 I think. Username and password should remain blank if you didn't setup any username and password in SABnzbd+ ("Web server authentication" setting).
ludo

Post by ludo »

caykroyd wrote: Can you add a filter in binsearchdroid for file size?  When searching for movies I'd like to filter out files less than 3-4Gb.
Hey caykroyd,
update BinsearchDroid from the market and check out the blog for some details! ;)
eggplant

Post by eggplant »

I've *finally* got this prog working and love it, but now I'm having a related problem.  I can't seem to download BinsearchDroid anywhere.  Sites that allow automatic downloading via QR code link me to the marketplace and I'm unable to find the app there.  I'm using a HTC Eris running FW 2.1 if that helps.  THanks again!

EDIT: This issue has been solved.  After upgrading to 2.1v3 (I was on the original 2.1 leak) I am able to see all of Ludo's apps in the market. 
Last edited by eggplant on June 8th, 2010, 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kieranjam

Post by kieranjam »

Hi Ludo,
    I'm trying to setup SABcontrol on my Droid and I dont understand what to put for my server host settings. I constantly get the server not running or unreachable msg on my screen. I'm wanting to understand how to make this work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

[email protected]
spamjunkie

Post by spamjunkie »

Hi Ludo, i've had no problem setting up your app and purchased immediately. but, ive ran into problems after a week of use though. i send to 2 different ips, so i have to change all the settings every time i want to send to the other computer.  after some days of changing sabcontrols settings back and forth the app suddenly stopped working and hangs at "loading data". i tried clearing the cache from my motorola cliq's android market to no avail. i uninstalled and re-installed the app and its all good again.

if you would be able to implement multiple profiles for different ips it would be much appreciated. thanks
Duffman

Post by Duffman »

Works great on Incredible (2.1 and 2.2)

One feature request. Can you ad Pause for (Time limit) to the options just like on sabnzbd web interface. I always forget to restart my DL after turning it off to surf or download something else.

Well i guess two feature request. Can you make it so we can change the order of the current downloads. Or maybe just change the individual priorities.
Espensodal

Post by Espensodal »

Hi Ludo!

First off, great work on this app :)

I cannot get it to work however, i get the same error as many others here have. "Server not running or unreachable.
I get SABnzbd to work on all browsers including my HTC hero broweser. But the sabcontrol will not work no matter what i try.

I've tried every setting there is in a great number of different ways, still i get nothing.

ive just downloaded the sabnzbd and controler so i guess i got latest versions on both.

Sometimes, controller ask me wether to use a certain certificate, i press yes, then nothing again, and i cant reproduce the message until i edit the host adress.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :) ive tried to get this to work for quite some time now, recently switched to sabnzbd after hours of trying to get hellanzb to work remotely.
nnimkar

Post by nnimkar »

Can SABcontrol be updated to allow the app to be run off the SD card (in Froyo 2.2)?

Same with Binsearchdroid.
toky

Post by toky »

Hello all,

Thanks for this app, seems promising, however i can't find the .apk file so i can install it on my Archos7 (your app is not the only one that makes it almost impossible to get .apks...)

Please let me know If there is a place to get the apk file, since I can't get to a regular droidapp store (thanks to the Archos devs) and I don't have a QR code scanner.

I'm setting up my archos as a Media controler and this will greatly help my setup and actually eliminate some bookmarks that i use in order to check on my sabnzbd server.  I currently (can) control all instances of xbmc in my house from my archos, if only there was a nagios app :-) .

Thanks in advance for your help (and donation to the comunity)
snarficles

Post by snarficles »

Hi guys,
Discovered Usenet about a year ago and will go back to torrents! Found this app mentioned on Lifehacker last night and decided to give it a go. Bought SabControl Plus, configured it etc.

Now when I download an nzb with SABnzbd I can see it downloading on my handset, pause it, and shut down the rogram remotely when its finished. Thats great and all but I just cant seem to get teh add nzb functionality working which is really the only reason I bought the app. I can download it from NZBmatrix to my SD, point to it with the app but nothing happens.

No I am a bit of a noob at all this but I am a reasonably sharp noob. Does anyone have any help for me on this issue??

Thanks a mil in advance!
ludo

Post by ludo »

Hi everyone!
Sorry for the long time on mute, I've been pretty busy (and I still am).
First off I'll start with addressing the comments I saw about the app not running on Froyo (2.2). I have a Desire running the stock HTC ROM and it just works fine. Most of the times the comments were about the Nexus One running Froyo (some custom ROM maybe?), so if you have troubles getting SABcontrol(Plus) to run please send me an email to explain me exactly what is the issue.

Now I'll try to address the messages from the forum, but please if you do have problems, send me an email since sometimes I don't check the forum and I don't always get notifications of new posts.

@kieranjam & @spamjunkie : sorry it's been 2 months already (see, that's why I prefer emails). Did you solve your issues?
@Duffman : sounds good, will do as soon as I find some time
@nnimkar : I will think about it, but they don't really use much space
@toky : indeed I'm not providing the apk files. Until I provide these online, send me an email if I should send them to you
@snarficles : do you download the NZBmatrix files using the browser? I think the problem is that the downloads are gzipped, that would be the same issue as binsearch. Can you send me an email with such a nzb file? BTW can you tell me where you saw my app on Lifehacker? Or was it SABnzbd?

Again, if you have problems please send me an email before you uninstall the app and leave a negative comment on the market.
ludo

Post by ludo »

Hey *!

New version 1.5 is online, check out the change log!
I also published version 1.3 of BinsearchDroid.

Ludo