SABcontrol for Android

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
ludo

Re: SABcontrol for Android

Post by ludo »

luc1f3r wrote: Hello,
just recently i came to know of your little program and the nice genious android application that matches with it.
however i keep getting the following error, and i was wondering is something could help me out.

"Server not running or unreachable"
I sent you a PM. I'll try to add a FAQ and a guide soon.
crackerbox

Post by crackerbox »

Ludo,

First off I want to say nice job on the app! It does everything I need it to.

I purchased the Plus version a while back, and use it all the time.

I do have one feature suggestion that hopefully wouldn't be very difficult to implement:

Could you add an "intent-filter" that could handle the "share link" feature?
This way when I long press on any nzb link and choose "share link" one of the options that comes up would be SABControlPlus.  That would be great!

basically, you just have to add this into the manifest:

Code: Select all

<activity android:name=".ShareLink">
    <intent-filter>
        <action android:name="android.intent.action.SEND" />
            <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
            <data android:mimeType="text/plain" />
    </intent-filter>
    <meta-data/>
</activity>
then just add a couple lines of code around your "Add NZB" dialog box:

Code: Select all

if (Intent.ACTION_SEND.equals(intentAction)) {
so that once I long click on an nzb link in the browser, choose "share link", and select SABControl, your app's "Add NZB" dialog box appears with the URL field pre-populated.

Thanks,
Cb
ludo

Post by ludo »

crackerbox wrote: Could you add an "intent-filter" that could handle the "share link" feature?
I'll add that to my TODO list and take a look at it as soon as I can, thanks for your feedback.

Also some more news, I finally created a basic website so that I can put some more information than on the blog. I also created a twitter account you can follow. Just check out the website :)
TigerCoonCAt

Post by TigerCoonCAt »

Hello!  I too am getting "Server not running or unreachable"  My phone is  Droid 2 (R2D2) on Verizon with Android 2.2.
ludo

Post by ludo »

I sent you an email, waiting for your feedback :)

Also, I just published SABcontrol(Plus) v2.0. Check out blog or the website.
guy_smiley

Post by guy_smiley »

Hi, just managed to get my SABnzbd set up for external use... but getting the same error; "Server not running or unreachable"
ludo

Post by ludo »

Hi, I just sent you an email. Please when you're having troubles connecting, send me an email first it's better than the forum since sometimes I don't get the notifications for new posts.
Thanks
neema

Post by neema »

Hi Guys,

I've been using SabControl Plus for about 3 months now, maybe more.  I'm running sabnzbd+ version 0.5.6.  I cannot for the life of me figure out how to add nzbs with an external application.  I tried downloading nzbs from binsearch.info, nzbclub, and nzbindex.nl from my phone and each of them come back with the error "Could not add nzb from external app"  Is there a particular indexer I should be using? Is this feature broken since Binsearchdroid was pulled? Has anybody gotten this to work? Other than that, this is a great app.

Moto Droid CM 6.2

Thanks!
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

I just got a HTC Wildfire, connected it to Wifi (and GSM/UMTS) and I can access SAB via http://192.168.1.37:8080/sabnzbd/

I installed SABcontrol, set it up with the two above parameters, but SABcontrol says "Loading data" and then "Server not running or unreachable". (FWIW SABcontrol *is* showing commercials, so it has Internet connection)

How can I solve this? Maybe SABcontrol is using GSM/UMTS instead of Wifi, and thus not able to reach the internal LAN adddress?

EDIT: After disabling the API key in SABnzbd, SABcontrol can access it. Is that the reason? If so, I think SABcontrol should give a warning saying this (assuming SABcontrol can sense the API key is the cause)
Last edited by sander on January 28th, 2011, 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please don't send me unrequested PM's; the forum is the best way to communicate.
If someone helps you, please reply to that help.
f you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
ludo

Post by ludo »

Hi,

please send me an email (not a PM) with some logcat ouput and some information about your setup.

Thanks
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

ludo wrote: Hi,

please send me an email (not a PM) with some logcat ouput and some information about your setup.

Thanks
See my EDIT in my original post ...

Thanks
Please don't send me unrequested PM's; the forum is the best way to communicate.
f you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
ludo

Post by ludo »

Actually using the API key should work. What is your setup? Are you sure you didn't mistype the API key (or have a blank at the end?). I'd still be interested in the logcat ouput in order to find out what is the problem and fix it if it's a bug in my code.
Thanks
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

ludo wrote: Actually using the API key should work. What is your setup? Are you sure you didn't mistype the API key (or have a blank at the end?). I'd still be interested in the logcat ouput in order to find out what is the problem and fix it if it's a bug in my code.
Thanks
I didn't use an API key at all. I didn't know that was necessary to (read) access SABnzbd. If so, I think it would be wise that SABcontrol informs about a empty API key setting, and/or informs about the API key when the connections doesn't work because of that.

I don't know how retrieve a logging from SABcontrol ...
ludo

Post by ludo »

Yes it's on my todo list to add more specific errors.
You can retrieve logging by either typing "adb logcat" in your command line or using the app aLogCat. But I'm good with the information you provided.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

One more remark (it's my first android experience, so maybe a stupid comment).

I'm trying to add a NZB via SABcontrol: on the Android device downloaded the NZB, and then added it in/via SABcontrol, with result: ... nothing. One more try ... nothing.

So I went to SABnzbd's stdout, and it said:

2011-01-28 13:34:54,194::INFO::[__init__:550] Adding Some Content Blabla.nzb
2011-01-28 13:34:54,196::INFO::[misc:976] Creating directories: /home/sander/downloads/incomplete/Some Content Blabla
2011-01-28 13:34:54,198::WARNING::[nzbstuff:642] Invalid NZB file Some Content Blabla.nzb, skipping (reason=syntax error, line=1)

Ah. Interesting. Incorrect NZB, not accepted by SABnzbd. However: SABcontrol is not giving any feedback at all about success or failure of the upload. I think that would be needed (assuming SABnzbd is reporting back that info)