Authentication missing, please enter username/password from Config->General ....

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
yannyb

Re: Authentication missing, please enter username/password from Config->General ....

Post by yannyb »

I'm getting this running sab v0.5.3 on OSX 10.6.4.  As far as I can work out, it is only happening when I leave safari running.  It happens every 30 minutes exactly.  I've not installed any extensions or the like.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

2010-08-09 21:28:16,004
WARNING:
Authentication missing, please enter username/password from Config->General into your 3rd party program:
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Authentication missing, please enter username/password from Config->General ....

Post by sander »

shypike wrote: Why does CoolIris try to communicate with SABnzbd?
We put the warning in for a reason, namely to warn you about
a failing third-party application or a potential security breach.
Maybe CoolIris is NOT trying to access SAB, but is trying to find / access proxy-servers; port 8080 is a well known proxy port.

Two ways to check:
1) in the SAB / cherrypy logging, check if cooliris access http://localhost:8080/ or http://localhost:8080/sabnzbd
2) put SAB on another port than 8080, and if whether cooliris finds SAB again. (I don't think so)
Please don't send me unrequested PM's; the forum is the best way to communicate.
If someone helps you, please reply to that help.
f you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
MajorHavoc

Post by MajorHavoc »

I also have this problem now, and I am on Windows 7, using Safari and since the 0.5.3 update of SABnzbd, I see this error ALL THE TIME now (my log is full of these errors.)  I am using Safari, but I have changed browsers and it does not seem to matter.

But something in SABnzbd seems to have changed, as now this error is there all the time on what was otherwise a stable machine. It is also occurring exactly every 30 minutes as well. I do NOT have CoolIris on my machine.

That said, everything IS working fine anyway. nzb files are fetched properly, parts are downloaded properly and stored in the cache folder, the uncompress and merging is working fine, and files are left in the appropriate directories where expected when completed, so I tend to ignore the message, but would love to know what causes it.

Any other ideas I should look for and where? My program listens to 8085 to minimize collisions with other ports.

SAnzbd dudes, can you add more detail to the error message to help determine what is causing this, or is this just somethign on my machine trying to use the same port? Any ideas how I can track that down?
Last edited by MajorHavoc on September 5th, 2010, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Is your SABnzbd listening to "localhost" or to something else?
"localhost" means that it will only communicate with local programs.
Unfortunately SABnzbd receives no information about which program sends API calls.
MajorHavoc

Post by MajorHavoc »

Thanks. Not sure who is talking to it. I changed the port to a different number, and the problem has gone away. Obviously, something else was trying to talk to that port number. No idea what though. Will keep looking. Thanks for the answer.