Toggle active download task & single task processing

Want something added? Ask for it here.
adsboel

Toggle active download task & single task processing

Post by adsboel »

toggle active download is a suggestion to be able to ADD to queue but IGNORE it until its put into ACTIVE state .. this way you can add eg. 20 files but just download 1 of them and keep rest as 'save for later'.

second suggestion is very important for small box like mine, and that is to disable ALL activity while unpacking the one file that is being unpacked and thus save the little ram, cpu and i/o that is on the box.

I would like downloads to wait until par2/unrar is done and then resume download of next item ..
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Toggle active download task & single task processing

Post by shypike »

"No parallel processing" is an option that can be done, I'll put it on the "new feature" list.

As for the inactive downloads, maybe. I will discuss this with the team.
toliman

Post by toliman »

i imagine it could be best implemented as a post-proc option, given the current 0-6, it would read as Paused/none/R/U/D/RS/US/DS in the dropdown box.
or perhaps a 7th,8th,9th option, sic. in the queue, or as a separate value entirely. given that it requires a rewrite, who knows.

as for it's use, perhaps tie this into the RSS feed, so that a RSS feed-queued item is paused by default.

and for the parallel/serial processing, would this be best served by running a post-proc script after each download (easier on low-spec HW), after pausing/disk full error (obvious problems there with handling errors), or after completing all downloads (see previous space/error handling dilemma)?
Peter_Pan

Post by Peter_Pan »

This is a good idea.

I have been looking for such a feature for MONTHS, but I didnt want to sign up just to request a feature.
So today I signed up to report a bug :-)

Anyway.... sometimes I queue up a lot of jobs, I dont want to download right away.
I just queue them to remember to download them.

Pausing individual jobs should have been a feature from version 0.1 :-)

I could live with pausing individual jobs/downloads for starters and not individual files.
Last edited by Peter_Pan on May 4th, 2008, 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.