Track bandwidth usage for unique server connections

Want something added? Ask for it here.
IceManNCSU

Track bandwidth usage for unique server connections

Post by IceManNCSU »

I would like to see the ability to see usage for each server recorded and able to be viewed on the Connections tab, or somewhere else that makes sense.  If this is implemented, also the ability to reset the current count would be necessary.

Since I use one server as my primary server 99.9% of the time and have three others that are for backup only.  These backup servers are purchased in "block usage", like 10GB each.

Being able to see how much traffic I have passed across these backup servers would be nice to know.

Thanks for the consideration!
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Track bandwidth usage for unique server connections

Post by shypike »

Planned for release 0.6.0.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

looking forward to it  :)
ajoergensen

Post by ajoergensen »

shypike wrote: Planned for release 0.6.0.
Another spin on this: It would be nice to have stats on each nzb showing the percentage fetched from each server - Is this part of the planned feature?

mvh
Allan
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

No.
dragon788

Post by dragon788 »

I would like to second having the bandwidth usage of any server labeled as "backup" show up in the individual nzb download summaries as well as the overall backup server bandwidth use per server showing at the top of either the history page or the connections page or both. Its really hard to figure out if 10GB of backup usage comes from a little bit of each nzb or half of one or an entire report missing from the primary server. Having a way to reset the counters individually, possibly on a timer would be nice as well. This might require a rework of some of the status tracking, but some people don't use unlimited accounts, and having a monthly "X amount of download left" counter might be handy to some, and would double for those of us using backup servers with a set amount of bandwidth.
baz

Post by baz »

Agree that it would be nice to see if I'm using my backup server(s) on most NZBs and therefore I need to switch to another primary or if it is certain nzbs that are especially problematic.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

You can see the individual bandwidth consumption of each server in Config->Servers.
Keeping track of a server's contribution to a each NZB is a quite a bit of work,
and doesn't have priority currently.