Ignore list for file names

Want something added? Ask for it here.
JamieM
Developer
Developer

Ignore list for file names

Post by JamieM »

Hi,

I'm using RSS, categories and automatic sorting for my TV Shows and everything works great except for one thing:

When say i'm downloading "TV.Show.Name.S01E03.Name.of.the.Episode.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-SABNZBD" it will automatically place this file in "/Volumes/Lacie HD/TV Shows/TV Show Name/Season 1/" and call it "S01E03 - Name of the Episode".

Now comes the problem, the outcome of this is: "S01E03 - Name of the Episode 720p WEB-DL DD5 1 H 264-SABNZBD" which is almost what i want except for the "720p WEB-DL DD5 1 H 264-SABNZBD" part.

Now it would be great if SABnzbd would introduce an ignore list for file names, where the user would put in keywords like "720p" and "DD5.1". SABnzbd would then ignore those keywords when renaming the file to what is specified in the automatic sorting settings.

Thanks!
JamieM
Developer
Developer

Re: Ignore list for file names

Post by JamieM »

pair of dimes wrote: What is your exact tv renaming string, in sorting config?

I think your suggestion to fix the problem is not the ideal way to resolve this.
sabnzbd should maybe improve its parsing to remove this extra text.

Try looking into http://www.sickbeard.com/ it has sorting more advanced than what is seen in sabnzbd.
The string is "%sn/Season %s/S%0sE%0e - %en.%ext"

I've heard about Sickbeard but i'm a Mac user and it's only available for Windows.

But even it it were available for Mac it would still be great if i didn't have to install extra software to do this..

What do you suggest if my idea isn't the ideal way to do this?

Thanks