"hibernate pc" shuts down sabnzbd; feature or bug? please leave it running.

Questions and bug reports for Beta releases should be posted here.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
uzenet

"hibernate pc" shuts down sabnzbd; feature or bug? please leave it running.

Post by uzenet »

i've been using 4.0b2 the last couple of days and i've found it has added many nice features, one of which is hibernation (in my case S3 sleep, as i've disable hibernation in favor of S3) after the queue ends. in the past, i resorted to a user script that put my desktop to sleep. enabling the hibernation option, i have noticed that upon return from S3 sleep, sabnzbd is no longer running. examining the log file, i see that sabnzbd actually shuts down entirely. is this an intended implementation of the hibernation feature?

i usually wake-on-lan my desktop and access sabnzbd from my laptop. however, with the current implementation of hibernation, sabnzbd is not running upon wake up.

could sabnzbd be left running instead of terminating itself? i think the point of having a daemon/server is defeated when the server constantly needs to be manually restarted.

thanks.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: "hibernate pc" shuts down sabnzbd; feature or bug? please leave it running.

Post by shypike »

Sensible suggestion. We just did not give the hibernation feature much thought...
switch

Re: "hibernate pc" shuts down sabnzbd; feature or bug? please leave it running.

Post by switch »

You're right, it shouldn't really shut itself down. I didn't notice this happening as resuming from a hibernate is broke on my pc after doing a repair install.