Cheapest of the cheap services?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
kiljaden
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Cheapest of the cheap services?

Post by kiljaden »

mr.baksteen wrote: it tels me

Check #1: OK, you have IPv6 network connectivity! Your IPv6 address is [removed]
Check #2: Congratulations: you have IPv6 name resolving, too. This means you have full IPv6 connectivity and you can visit sites like ipv6.google.com

2. no.. same error as xsnews

so its not yes and yes..
Are you using gognet for conectivity ? If so you should know they block traffic to port 119 http://gogonet.gogo6.com/forum/topics/i ... newservers
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

mr.baksteen wrote: it tels me

Check #1: OK, you have IPv6 network connectivity! Your IPv6 address is [removed]
Check #2: Congratulations: you have IPv6 name resolving, too. This means you have full IPv6 connectivity and you can visit sites like ipv6.google.com

2. no.. same error as xsnews

so its not yes and yes..
So you have IPv6, but newszilla6 is not reachable. You have  [removed] your full IPv6 address ... pity ... now I have to ask: what are the first three words of your IPv6 address: 2001:0 .. or  .... In other words: what kind of IPv6 (tunnel) do you use. As seen in this or other threads: go6 blocks nntp / 119 traffic...
Please don't send me unrequested PM's; the forum is the best way to communicate.
If someone helps you, please reply to that help.
f you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

XSNEWS sometimes also has problems for some users.
And at the same time it works perfect for other users ...

So sometimes a restart or adding server again can be of help.
And otherwise be patient till it works.
Maybe they have a max number of users set to the server ,, who knows why it is happening
mr.baksteen

Post by mr.baksteen »

@ kiljaden, yes i now they has blockt 119 in the past.. i read that on several forums, but until 3 day's ago they dit not block it for me.

@ sander my tunnel is Go6, i has said that a few post ago. 2001:5c0:[removed]

@ rascalli tnx, i will wait.
mrnathan92

Post by mrnathan92 »

I would go with the astraweb ulimited offer thing iver been useing astraweb for over 6 months now and not had any problems yet :) $11 isnt too much either
arto65

Post by arto65 »

Both Astraweb and usenetserver offer 96$/year subscription plan. You won't find either offer on their webpage, you have to search on google to find a link to the offer.
naviathan

Post by naviathan »

I know I'm new here, but I just thought I'd throw out there that I've been messing with ipv6 all day and that appelboor site doesn't work.  I have ipv6 working through a HE tunnel, verified working, but that site still says I don't have ipv6 connectivity.
Also, thanks for the info here.  I signed up on Astraweb for the $15 a month DSL plan and it's fantastic.  The IPv6 free server just wasn't fast enough.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

naviathan wrote: I know I'm new here, but I just thought I'd throw out there that I've been messing with ipv6 all day and that appelboor site doesn't work.  I have ipv6 working through a HE tunnel, verified working, but that site still says I don't have ipv6 connectivity.
You can check your IPv6 via http://test-ipv6.com/
Please don't send me unrequested PM's; the forum is the best way to communicate.
If someone helps you, please reply to that help.
f you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
naviathan

Post by naviathan »

That one works!  Thanks!