Downloads go missing

Support for the Debian/Ubuntu package, created by JCFP.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
royverkuylen

Downloads go missing

Post by royverkuylen »

Hi guys,

I am running SABNZBD (0.5.6) on a 64bit Ubuntu Server (10.10). SABNZBD starts upon boot and is installed on the OS disk.
Typically I am downloading TV series and Movies. TV series are usually downloaded through Sickbeard and movies via NZB uploads, RSS or Couchpotato.

Movies for example are downloaded to /media/sdb1/downloads/incomplete (download disk) and unpacked to /mnt/raid/downloads/movies (raid array). It goes well for tv series with the sabtosickbeard user script. However, there seems to be an issue with standard downloads.

The files are downloaded, verified, repaired and unpacked. Then they are moved to their new destination folder. During this process the downloaded files go missing and I can't figure out why. The files are moved and deleted at the download disk but nowhere to be found on my RAID array.

Movies are placed in the movies category and they have the +delete processing. No user script is added.
I wanted to add a log file but because I had it set to + debug the logs are huge (5MB). I changed it back to errors/warning and will attach a log as soon as possible.

Can anyone help me in telling me where things go wrong? I noticed a unique?:False message in the log when it was moving the files but I am not sure if that has anything to do with it. Strange thing is that downloading TV series through SickBeard works flawlessly, so it's not that the raid is not accessible or whatsoever.

Thanks!
Last edited by royverkuylen on December 28th, 2010, 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Downloads go missing

Post by shypike »

Did you set a full path for the "complete" folder?
Do you use categories and do those have paths?

Try downloading a small jobs with logging set to at least "info".
You should be able to see in  the log where SABnzbd actually tries to write the files.
BTW: unpacking goes from the "incomplete" to the "complete" folder.
royverkuylen

Re: Downloads go missing

Post by royverkuylen »

Hmmm...I see what's going on.

It seems like my completed download path was reset to /downloads/complete. Probably because my RAID Array did not want to mount properly last week as not all disks were identified in time by the system. SABNZBD boots aferwards in Daemon and this could have caused the completed download folder to be reset to /home/user/downloads/complete.

Let's see how it handles the completed files now  ::)