nzbdStatus: SAB Control & Monitoring and NewzBin Integration

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
DaSandman

Re: nzbdStatus: SAB Control & Monitoring and NewzBin Integration

Post by DaSandman »

duz wrote:
DaSandman wrote: I registered an account just to say that upgrading to sabnzbd 0.50 (its final now) completely breaks nzbmatrix for all regular members (ie non-VIP). This plugin means you can no longer download ANY nzb files from the site!

Did no-one notice this while testing ... ?

Uninstalling this plugin now, so I can at least use the site again.
Install the new 10.0.14 version, it doesn't remove the download links from nzb matrix anymore.
Ah thanks, can download zipped nzb files again - thanks for the great extension and quick response!
FuManChuu

Post by FuManChuu »

I think I'm finally ready to move on from grease monkey based sabtab (although, its fantastic... i just want updates when I'm away from newzbin)... I just wanted to throw my vote out there for a toolbar icon instead of a status bar. I like disabling my statusbar... more screen real estate O_O.

Great add-on regardless :)
c0ld

Post by c0ld »

Any chance of extending this to work with binsearch collections? I had to use binsearch for some TTC videos the other day and it turned out to be a nightmare. To get separate, named NZBs, you need to copy and paste the title of the collection into the search box, search again, then select and create the NZB. Sure would be simpler if each collection had a Sab button. It might be a bit difficult to do automatically, but maybe there's a way of doing it via httprequest?
c0ld

Post by c0ld »

c0ld wrote: Any chance of extending this to work with binsearch collections?
I ended up doing this myself.
http://www.noisp.me.uk/nzbdstatus/sab+bin.PNG

I'll send the code to duz and let him decide whether it should be included.
Last edited by c0ld on March 27th, 2010, 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
desseh

Post by desseh »

I have actually made a little modification to nzbdStatus to support categorization on nzbs.org and nzbmatrix. You can't however set your own rules up (if you're not willing to alter the rules in the javascript), so the categorization rules are hard coded to my liking. It's fairly straightforward though; I've focused on the biggest categories such as TV, Movies, Games (PC), Games (Consoles) and Music and it seems to be working.

I must point out that I have no previous experience in neither open source nor firefox extension development, so I basically just packed everything back to an xpi file. All props goes to duz however, and he can decide whether to use this code or maybe do something based on it to his hearts content.
http://drop.io/nzbdstatusMod

//Technical details//
It works by retrieving category details with Xpath DOM traversal and setting up rules based on sabnzbdplus's categories for each index site individually, based on what the index sites offer. Since this is a bit of a flaky approach it means that the sorting will not work if the sites alter the presentation of the information (to a certain extent anyway). I'm not happy about the hard coded rules array, but this was initially intended just for me and a friend, so the approach was pragmatic.
lithiumc

Post by lithiumc »

desseh wrote: I have actually made a little modification to nzbdStatus to support categorization on nzbs.org and nzbmatrix. You can't however set your own rules up (if you're not willing to alter the rules in the javascript), so the categorization rules are hard coded to my liking. It's fairly straightforward though; I've focused on the biggest categories such as TV, Movies, Games (PC), Games (Consoles) and Music and it seems to be working.

I must point out that I have no previous experience in neither open source nor firefox extension development, so I basically just packed everything back to an xpi file. All props goes to duz however, and he can decide whether to use this code or maybe do something based on it to his hearts content.

//Technical details//
It works by retrieving category details with Xpath DOM traversal and setting up rules based on sabnzbdplus's categories for each index site individually, based on what the index sites offer. Since this is a bit of a flaky approach it means that the sorting will not work if the sites alter the presentation of the information (to a certain extent anyway). I'm not happy about the hard coded rules array, but this was initially intended just for me and a friend, so the approach was pragmatic.
desseh thank you so much, I can confirm your little modification is working. I appreciate it this so much.
OneStepAhead

Post by OneStepAhead »

nice!!! exactly what i need to (almost) fully complete my newzbin to nzbmatrix transition. now if
i can just get categories in my rss feeds, im set!
pudsey

Post by pudsey »

This is a great add-on but I have a problem. Any version after 1.0.10 just will not work for me. The tray icon is blank, as is the icon which shows up next to the add-on in the add-ons list. I can still access the configuration screen and the connection is 'successfully connected'.
Since features I would use have been added since then, I'd like to update but I just can't because it simply won't work at all and I have no idea why. As I said, there's nothing wrong that I can see because 1.0.10 works a charm. Any ideas?

EDIT: And also I've tried uninstalling the add-on and even resetting every single about:config entry for nzbdStatus before reinstalling and still nothing :(
Last edited by pudsey on April 5th, 2010, 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
c0ld

Post by c0ld »

pudsey wrote: EDIT: And also I've tried uninstalling the add-on and even resetting every single about:config entry for nzbdStatus before reinstalling and still nothing :(
You'd be better off backing up your bookmarks/history/keys etc and starting a new profile.
computer

Post by computer »

Worked perfect for me thanks a big fat ton  ;D
ReflexReaction

Post by ReflexReaction »

desseh wrote: I have actually made a little modification to nzbdStatus to support categorization on nzbs.org and nzbmatrix. You can't however set your own rules up (if you're not willing to alter the rules in the javascript), so the categorization rules are hard coded to my liking. It's fairly straightforward though; I've focused on the biggest categories such as TV, Movies, Games (PC), Games (Consoles) and Music and it seems to be working.

//Technical details//
After installing this, I cannot see the nzbd icon in nzbmatrix any more. I thus cannot send anything to sabnzbd+

I have tried uninstalling / reinstalling nzbdstatus however that hasn't helped - i cannot seem to uninstall your mod... can you please explain how i do this?
c0ld

Post by c0ld »

The matrix icon only shows up when sab is running in the background, because of a version check that's performed by nzbdstatus. Could that be what is causing it?
ReflexReaction

Post by ReflexReaction »

No it was working fine.

my sab server is over a network and is always running.

my recommendation is not to install that category version, as i've not been able to get my matrix icons replaced since!
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

I'm interested in the Category support, but I'm attacking this differently, instead of modifying nzbdStatus I am looking to have a service run on my Home Server that will emulate SABnzbd's API and bridge the communication between SABnzbd and nzbdStatus.

If it is a request that it doesn't need to manipulate, Pausing/Resuming, Adding by Newzbin ID, or getting the queue status, it sends the request to SABnzbd, captures the appropriate return string (ok or the json for the qstatus request) and then sends it back to nzbdStatus. If its adding by URL it will eventually get the proper category (from nzbmatrix) and clean up the file name before sending it to SABnzbd

For Example:
Movies, clean it up like Newzbin - "Movie Name (2010)"
TV, Get the episode name from TheTVDB and make it look like Newzbin - "Show Name - 1x05 - Episode Name"

For everything else I will get the category and send it to SABnzbd with the category, it might not work for all categories, but it should cover the basics.

Depending on how well this runs I may release it out after some testing, not sure how many people would actually find this useful, but two things are driving me crazy when downloading from NZBMatrix, one it doesn't set the category and two the name looks awful, I know SAB can handle some of this, but I want it to do more and manually editing queue items sucks, especially when I forgot to also change the category.

-Markus
Co-developer of NzbDrone (.Net NNTP PVR) - http://www.nzbdrone.com
pudsey

Post by pudsey »

c0ld wrote:
pudsey wrote: EDIT: And also I've tried uninstalling the add-on and even resetting every single about:config entry for nzbdStatus before reinstalling and still nothing :(
You'd be better off backing up your bookmarks/history/keys etc and starting a new profile.
I've tried this a few times, I'm literally out of ideas entirely. I enabled the about:config entry to show errors and on start up I get

Code: Select all

startup threw error `Component returned failure code: 0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED) [nsIPrefBranch.getCharPref]` on line: 157
Google doesn't seem to help and I think I'm the only person with this problem for this particular add-on so I really don't understand it. It only occurs on versions past 1.0.10 so I have functionality if I use that but without any of the newer features (especially now it's been updated since). Does anyone have any ideas?