SABnzbd+ Status Script

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
mtehonica
Release Testers
Release Testers

SABnzbd+ Status Script

Post by mtehonica »

Does anyone know of a simple script that you can run to show the current status of SABnzbd?  i.e. it shows if anything is downloading or if it's idle, shows current speed if downloading, shows how many items in the queue)  Reason I'm looking for this is because when I SSH to my server remotely, I'd like to quickly check SAB (without VNC'ing and then opening a browser and logging into SAB or loading SAB remotely through a browser)  I saw a HellaNZB Xchat script and if nothing is available already, I might try to adapt that script to do what I want.
Last edited by mtehonica on January 16th, 2011, 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fanniecat

Re: SABnzbd+ Status Script

Post by fanniecat »

I don't know of a script like this.  Being able to monitor what sabnzbd is doing is pretty well covered with quite a few different apps and browser plugins, since sabnzbd has remote control and access built in.  Why not use a browser plugin (Chrome's SABConnect++ is very good as is Firefox's nzbstatus) on the PC you are SSHing from instead of trying to see the info on the PC you are SSHing to?  This just eliminates the need for SSHing/RDP/VNCing into the remote PC altogether.

Here is an older attempt at what you are talking about, not sure if it still works
http://forums.sabnzbd.org/index.php?topic=391.0