Queue Search & Filter, + Tagging

Want something added? Ask for it here.
DEMONiX

Queue Search & Filter, + Tagging

Post by DEMONiX »

Hiya,

I have a crazy-large queue, which I usually use as a bucket for everything I plan to download 'one day' in the (distant) future.  

So, I'm finding it difficult to navigate my queue and resume / set options for something specific I may have added to it weeks / months ago.  

I would like to be able to search the queue (much like the history search feature of plush) based on full / partials / wildcards  ( / regex - only kidding, this would be overkill...).  
So, if I want to resume episode 17 of a certain series (featuring an Agent Scully :P) that I recall possibly adding months ago, I could simply search 17 & filter the view to everything containing '17.'  
Maybe I could search by a partial episode name (search 'green' for 'Little Green Men', etc), or by series ('Files S03')

I would also like to be able to filter my view of the queue based on category (without sorting the queue permanently) - so that I could, e.g.; see all anime, or ebooks, etc.  
This way, combined with the latest 'multi-select' feature (& even it's 'select all' being applied to the currently filtered view), I can perform bulk actions on the filtered queue (e.g. resume all movies, change priority of all ebooks, etc)

Ultimately, I would like to see this extended in future (sometime) to a semi-automated full tagging system.  

I could for example, search for anything I want (even based on partials), add tags to any I've then selected (esp. in bulk using the new 'multi-select'), and then be able to filter my views & do interesting things to entire groups of items as I see fit!  
I could assign 'rock,' 'classical,' 'soundtrack,' to my music, & then also tag some of them as 'flac' & 'lossy'.  I can then isolate them, & perform actions on them as logical groups that mean something to me.

The use of a full tagging system is only limited by our imagination.

What are your thoughts on having such functionality one day in future?

Thanx
Last edited by DEMONiX on March 8th, 2011, 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEMONiX

Re: Queue Search & Filter, + Tagging

Post by DEMONiX »

Basically, yes! 

It all sounds good! 

Let's all discuss ideas & steps we would need to take to work towards some of these features. 

;D
newk

Post by newk »

Is anything like this planned?
My queue is HUGE (~3700 nzbs) so a simple search feature would come in handy =)
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Help With Categories

Post by shypike »

Nothing planned, we're a bit short on skin designers.
airguy

Post by airguy »

Here's another vote for a search box for the queue like history. I love the simpl view for it's speed. I have a large queue, around 350+ entries and a search box would help to keep like files grouped easily in order. Right Now I have to use the classic view for the numerical queue numbers, and just do a search on page from my browser. But every time you change a queue entry, you have to wait for a page refresh, which can take 10-15 seconds. On simpl it's much faster, but you only can access a small subset of your queue and no way to search like you can in history.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

We're not going to improve smpl any further, it's a dead end because it's very hard to maintain.
Any improvements will be in Plush or its successor, whenever it arrives.