nzb backup directory syncronisation with queue

Questions and bug reports for Beta releases should be posted here.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
jack42

nzb backup directory syncronisation with queue

Post by jack42 »

When I upgraded from B2 to B4 I had about 60 items in my queue, but had to rebuild it all. Unfortunately I had about 130 nzbs in my backup directory. It took me ages to carefully go through them all and figure out which nzbs should be in the new queue, which ones I had cancelled and which ones had already downloaded. Now that we hopefully won't have to rebuild queues when upgrading this is less of a problem, but there may still be occasions when it's best to rebuild the queue and clear out the cache.

My suggestion that would make it much easier to do a queue rebuild in these cases is that under the nzb directory you have some subdirectories: cancelled, completed, failed. When a job completes and the downloaded file gets moved to the done directory you also move the corresponding nzb to the completed or failed subdirectory as appropriate. When the user clicks the delete button in the interface the corresponding nzb gets moved to the cancelled directory. With these adjustments it means that only the nzbs that correspond to currently queued jobs will still be in the main nzb directory. So when the user wants to rebuild his queue he can just drag these files to the blackhole and he'll get the same queue back he had before (but not necessarily in the same order, of course). You could even add a command line option to be used with the -c option to automatically add the nzbs currently in the backup directory to the new empty queue. (This is a much less important bonus item though.)

Having sab keep the nzb directory in order is also usefull if you want to migrate some or all of your download queue onto another computer/operating system/download tool.