queue problem/bug?

Questions and bug reports for Beta releases should be posted here.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
monkee

queue problem/bug?

Post by monkee »

i mentioned in another past thread about a possible post-processing/queue bug, and i sort of narrowed it down to another facet of the problem (i think?)

ok so what i've done was to download a specific file using v3 newzbin's raw search that does not need any post-processing (i.e. no repairs nor unrar/unzip needed)

after its done downloading, in sabnzbd's history it would say "Queued" under the status column

and then ALL subsequent downloads that need post-processing would be stuck as "Queued" as well

i'm still a sabnzbd nub so i dont know if i missed something obvious in the switches or what not

thx for your time!

oops i forgot this is for sabnzbd beta 5
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: queue problem/bug?

Post by shypike »

Can you email this specific NZB file to bugs at sabnzbd.org?
monkee

Post by monkee »

this actually happens to all NZBs that point to a file that doesn't need post-processing, such as a regular txt file
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

I hope you realize that this post is 130 days old.
Does your usenet provider have such a long retention time?

Some servers (like the one I use) take forever to find out that they do not have an article.
This will effectively block the queue.

Which provider do you use?
Have you looked at the warnings in the Connections page (look for "Article blabla missing") ?

A work-around is to set the switch (Config->switches) "Only get articles for top of the queue" to No.
This can increase memory use quite a bit, but will prevent the queue from blocking.
switch

Post by switch »

His problem is with an item blocking the history queue though, once it has been passed to post processing. I cannot reproduce the problem, a single item downloads fine no matter what post processing option is set.

I had some people reporting the history stalling when single .par files are downloaded with post processing set to "Delete", but I cannot reproduce that either.

There could possibly be an issue with downloads that have not actually downloaded anything (due to missed articles or par files added as pending) since we removed some of the code that removes a download if the first article missing.
Last edited by switch on May 25th, 2008, 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Yes, confirmed.
I have a fake NZB with a single non-existing article.
It never leaves the queue, so it never even reaches history.
Looks more like a nzbqueue problem to me.

Note:
I always have one or more servers set to 0 connections (to disable them).
This is why the job never finishes. As soon as I have only 1 server defined, the problem goes away.
The empty job gets into the history with status "Completed".
OK, so monkee's problem is probably not solved by this, but I do need do something about
servers with 0 connections.

Monkee: do you have an extra server defined with 0 connections?
Last edited by shypike on May 25th, 2008, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
monkee

Post by monkee »

yea i use giganews which has retention up to ~194 days and i have tested using much more recent posts/nzbs so retention isn't the problem (article isn't missing)

that second problem switch mentioned i have reported that exact problem as well in my first thread post a few days back.. my post processing was set to delete and something happened which caused the queue to stall

i don't have an extra server defined with 0 connections.. i have 1 server (giganews) defined with 20 connections

now that i think about it, i think this queue stalled problem does also happen when i download only par files (but i'm not sure, trying to think back), so once again seems like the queue gets stuck when there aren't anything to unrar/unzip?

thanks for all the quick responses! :)