SabTab v3.0 : greasemonkey script for Newzbin V3

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
Yarbles

SabTab v3.0 : greasemonkey script for Newzbin V3

Post by Yarbles »

This hack adds a SAB Tab to the Newzbin main menu along the top of the screen.

slightly outdated screenshot

SabTab3 Has been released. It requires SABnzbdPlus 0.5.0 or greater. It can be found here: http://userscripts.org/scripts/review/66347

Version 2 requires SABnzbdPlus 0.3.0  to 0.4.9. If you are using an older version or the original SABnzbd than using the old version linked below. It can be found here: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/20689

Old Version (needed if using SABnzbd 0.28 or below): http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/6094

Features:

Get SABnzbd info:
  - The SabTab will optionally display your downoad speed, queue size, and free disc space with a user defined update interval
  - You can optionally have your SAB queue displayed under the SabTab->Queue submenu. It is updated every time you open the Queue menu, without reloading the Newzbin page
  - Optionally SabTab will mark reports found in your SAB history and/or queue by fading them out in report lists
  - Pause/Resume or shutdown SAB from SabTab
  - Link directly to any SAB page from the the SabTab menu

Add Reports to SAB:
  - From any Report or Nfo page you can add the report to you queue with SabTab->Add to Queue, or select a specific add method from the submenu.
  - From any report list (bookmarks, category, search results) you can check off the reports you want and use the SabTab menu to add it to the list, or
  - You can check off the reports and Click the Add to SAB link placed at the top and bottom of report lists, or
  - with one click of the green "complete" checkmark you can add a single report, with optional confirmation to prevent accidental additions
  - You can set the default add method SabTab uses under SabTab->Config->SabTab Prefs

Use with a password protected SAB:
  - If SabTab ever encounters a SAB login prompt it will prompt you and optionally remember the password to use automatically the next time it is prompted.
  (Unfortunately if SabTab encounters a login prompt whatever operation it was performing fails, so if you use a stored password it is recommended that you enable SAB Data on the tab to ensure SAB is unlocked before any add operation is attempted.)
  - You can clear your password from SabTab using SabTab->Config->Clear Login

Miscellaneous features:
  - Easy to configure from it's own preference panel under SabTab->Config-SabTab Prefs
  - Preferences and settings are retained between updates
  - The SabTab can put to the left or right of the normal Newzbin tabs or shift all the tabs to the left for low resolution windows.
  - Seamlessly integrates with Newzbin page, regardless of color theme.
----------

My main support mechanism has been through this thread at the unofficial newzbin forums, but feel free to post any feedback and suggestions here too.

To install/Setup:

1. Install Greasemonkey extension. link and restart Firefox.
2. Install the script. link
3. Visit Newzbin, SabTab will prompt you for your settings/preferences if you've never used it before.
Last edited by Yarbles on January 13th, 2010, 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
KaiUno

Re: SabTab v2.0 : greasemonkey script for Newzbin V3

Post by KaiUno »

Great work Yarbles!
realgm

Post by realgm »

u da man yarbles.. keep up the good work..your scripts are amazing..
KaiUno

Post by KaiUno »

And just when you think you're done, here comes newzbin LITE mode :p
BigNoseJr

Post by BigNoseJr »

Yarbles,

First I wanted to thank you for offering such a great script. I wanted to make a small point that the script does not currently function with FF3 beta 2/3 in case anyone attempts to use it. Perhaps you'll get a chance to update the script to provide FF3 support eventually.

Thanks again!  ;D
Yarbles

Post by Yarbles »

// Version 2.0.1
//
// Changes from v2.0
// updated Mark titles in SAB history method to work much better with long SAB histories
// Fixed more special character errors for marking posts

I started noticing that with very long (100+ entries) SAB histories would cause Newzbin to freeze up for several seconds if you had Marked Downloaded posts enabled. This was due to the script parsing the lengthy history file. Since the latest versions of SAB return an XML/RSS formated history I used Mozilla's built in parser, which made it literally over 100 times faster.

I also fixed it so that titles containing the & symbol will be marked.
Yarbles

Post by Yarbles »

BigNoseJr wrote: Yarbles,

First I wanted to thank you for offering such a great script. I wanted to make a small point that the script does not currently function with FF3 beta 2/3 in case anyone attempts to use it. Perhaps you'll get a chance to update the script to provide FF3 support eventually.

Thanks again!  ;D
I'm going to put some effort into it when FF3 gets closer to final release. I installed beta 2, I believe, just to verify it didn't work but haven't looked into it. From what I've googled it's probably due to changes made to increase security. Hopefully I'll find a workaround.
Yarbles

Post by Yarbles »

UPDATE!

// Version 2.0.2
//
// Changes from v2.0.1
// Fixed compatibility issues with Firefox 3 (beta 4 at least), also improved security
jcat

Post by jcat »

is anyone having any issues with sabtab2 in firefox beta5 using SABnzbd-0.4.0Beta2?,

today i noticed that it was saying sabnzbd unavailable in sabtab2,
I hadn't touched the settings in some time

then i noticed that sabnzbd was using a lot of ram increasing every second,
at 1 point it reached 800mb b4 i closed it down,

so i initially thought it was a memory leak in sabnzbd, but as i hadn't touched any settings and it had work nicely for a while, so i thought it was a bit strange,

anyway i reinstalled sabnzbd, wiped the settings, and re-entered them all,
but sabtab2 was still telling me that it couldn't connect to sabnzbd,
and then it started gobbling memory up again,

i loaded sabnzbd in console mode and saw that it was a greasemonkey script that was making a loop of requests,
they started as soon as i loaded newzbin and wouldn't stop until i closed firefox down,
so i have had to disable sabtab2 for the time being,
the only thing that's changed on my system in the last couple of days is firefox updating itself to beta5 so i'm assuming that what's causing the issue

anyone else having this issue?

John
kizer8

Post by kizer8 »

I get SAB Data not available in SabTab in NewzXXX.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Kizer
KaiUno

Post by KaiUno »

Well, I'm on FF3B5 and SabTab shows me all the stats it usually does, like download speed and such. I just can't add a post, it's giving me "Sab Tab: Somehing didn't work. The report was not added"
cybertron

Post by cybertron »

yeah, i dont think sabtab works in FF3 yet... not sure if its a greasemonkey thing or not since I had to download greasemoneky mnaually from the dev site.. I use another plugin for the time being, but it doesnt work nearly as good.. called nzbdstatus...

Thanks for all the work Yarbles! LOVE your addon
KaiUno

Post by KaiUno »

I got it to work by changing something in the script. I found it on the "official" site, in the discussion thread. But Yarble's account got closed, so I can't link it to ya. This is what I altered:

Look for var postId= evt.currentTarget.href.substring(17, evt.currentTarget.href.length - 1); in the script and replace the 17 with a 19. It's working again for me, after this little edit in FF3 RC3 with the new greasemonkey.

Hope this helps!
Yarbles

Post by Yarbles »

// Version 2.0.3
//
// Changes from v2.0.2
// Fixed compatibility issue with Firefox 3 final.

The problem, as KaiUno found, was that the parsing of the PostID was off. This was because it was being parsed from a URL which contained a space. FF2 treated it as a space character, but FF3 url encoded it to %20 which threw off the parser.
leopard96

Post by leopard96 »

I had something similar happen to me (sab unavailable) and it turned out to be 3rd party cookies being blocked by FF3.  I disabled that in Tools>Options>Privacy>Check Accept 3rd party cookies