MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
binhex

Re: MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Post by binhex »

hi rkm, neverland posts may of had metadata but without a valid imdb link it still gets skipped, here is the correct link for that movie, if this existed in the rss feed then it wouldnt of skipped it

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2125565/

i will add in logging in future releases.
RKM

Post by RKM »

Hi Binhex,
Based on what you've just said, we have a bigger problem than missing logging.

Here is the actual search that brings you to the Neverland movie you're referring to, based on my query that night. This is the specific instance of that movie that I had queried. Note it was "Finding Neverland" my movie titles were abbreviated because I did not realize they would become used:
https://nzbs.org/rss.php?q=neverland&nb ... =1&num=100

This is the *actual* data you're referring to, where you mention it does not have an IMDB link. However, the data *does* indeed include the link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0308644/ - it is in the description field. It also includes the Report:IMDB metadata, however, I'm not sure how this relates to the actual movie.
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi rkm, just add a little bit more info to this, for nzbs,org my script uses report:moreinfo tag in the rss feed to get the imdb link, unless nzbs.org have recently changed their coding then this should still work,
This is the *actual* data you're referring to, where you mention it does not have an IMDB link. However, the data *does* indeed include the link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0308644/ - it is in the description field. It also includes the Report:IMDB metadata, however, I'm not sure how this relates to the actual movie."
the link your seeing is for the movie "finding neverland", perhaps that link is in there as some sort of "similar movies" link, it def isnt the right link for neverland.

the short of it is, if you can find a movie with a imdb link that does NOT get processed by moviegrabber then this would be an issue.
RKM

Post by RKM »

I think you misunderstood my post again. If you read my post, I indeed pointed out that the link was referring to Finding Neverland. The fact that it was originally linking to the wrong movie on IMDB, does not make any difference to your tool, as far as I know. The relevant point is that as I originally mentioned, all of the movies *did indeed* have valid IMDB links.

If you would have trusted the information in my first post, we could avoid several others.

Now that you have that piece of information, lets go back to the original explanation I provided:
Here's what I mean .. when I run the template querystring you gave me, which matches the criteria I have entered in your tool, I get the standard 100 most recent movies containing XVID in the title, as you'd expect. The most recent movies being: GWDT, Paranormal Activity, Neverland, Art of Getting By, Recoil, ... with Muppets as the 7th movie.
If you had searched at the time you posted, you would have seen the movies in that exact same sequence, and you'd notice that they all had report:imdb tags and links. Therefore, going back to my original post and the original point that I had made, the IMDB links issue was not the problem.

They all matched my search term (q=xvid) they were all in the Movies category (type=2) they all had IMDB links contained within them. So back to my original post .. in that example, we look at the 7 most recent movies, only the 7th was added (Muppets). All six matched what you've told me Movie Grabber requires ... why was only the 7th added?

That's alright .. Just skip it .. I'll just wait for the forthcoming logging and I'll investigate it on my own, it will save the time of posting/re-posting.
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi rkm, ok i see the issue, short story is it will be fixed in 2.1.6, long story is that it now looks like nzbs has two tags which can contain links to imdb, the report:imdbid and/or report:moreinfo, i apologize for not picking up n this earlier, the webui was throwing me out as it doesnt show links to the imdb website if the link exists in the report:imdbid which is wierd!, it was only when i looked at the rss feed source that i saw the additional tag. any way thanks for bringing it to my attention.

binhex.
RKM

Post by RKM »

Hi Binhex,
Okay, that's great news. I agree it's a really weird approach on NZB's part.

The real bummer is that the issue you mentioned is NZBs.org specific, but when I first tested, I had similar issues on NZBmatrix as well. Could you give me the concatenation template you use for NZBmatrix and I'll test that to see how it compares to the results? Hopefully with NZBmatrix, it's just a matter of the IMDB issue you originally mentioned for NZBs.org.

On a separate note, I think your tool would be exponentially more powerful if it supported the use of the IMDB Advanced Search to identify movies for "grabbing". CouchPotato uses the watchlist feature, and this is nice -- but the Advanced Search, which is even more powerful, works identical to that, and could be used as a way of MovieGrabber determining which movies are desired, with a greater level of selectivity (much more detailed criteria) than MG currently offers.

Here's an example of a querystring created by using the Advanced Title Search feature of IMDB:
http://www.imdb.com/search/title?langua ... te_us,desc
lysp

Post by lysp »

RKM wrote:On a separate note, I think your tool would be exponentially more powerful if it supported the use of the IMDB Advanced Search to identify movies for "grabbing". CouchPotato uses the watchlist feature, and this is nice -- but the Advanced Search, which is even more powerful, works identical to that, and could be used as a way of MovieGrabber determining which movies are desired, with a greater level of selectivity (much more detailed criteria) than MG currently offers.

Here's an example of a querystring created by using the Advanced Title Search feature of IMDB:
http://www.imdb.com/search/title?langua ... te_us,desc
I had exactly the same thoughts as you. To get around it i had to:

- Create a series of wget calls which gets all pages for the advanced title search and save them as html.
- Create an app that converts the html to a csv of data
- Generated a series of wget calls to hit CouchPotato url passing through the idmb id of all the movies individually.

But if moviegrabber could save me doing all those steps, it'd be a whole lot easier.
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi rkm, i have checked nzbmatrix rss feed and it is slightly different to nzbs.org, they dont employ a report:moreinfo or report:imdbid tag but instead just use cdata in the description for imdb link info, this looks ok to me and seems to match up, so im hoping that the titles you didnt see match are just due to movies without imdb links and not moviegrabber not picking up imdb links correctly.

thanks for your suggestion regards imdb advanced search, i will take a look at it when i get a min and see how easy it would be to implement.
RKM

Post by RKM »

Well, I'm not so sure I'd agree based on my testing. There appears to be other factors at work, but I can't be certain because I have no idea what URL you're using. I could be a lot more help if I had that.

It does look like you may be limiting it to 8 hours of searching (which would be surprising because I thought you were limited to using number of days as a time cutoff), and using some other intrinsic filters, like "CAM". If you are not doing these things, then I think you may want to have a closer look because movies that have valid IMDB links are definitely being missed in my testing.
binhex

Post by binhex »

ok url is constructed as follows for nzbmatrix:-

rss_feed = "https://rss.nzbmatrix.com/rss.php?page= ... &username=" + nzbmatrix_username + "&apikey=" + nzbmatrix_apikey + "&subcat=" + nzbmatrix_cat + "&english=" + nzbmatrix_lang + "&ssl=1&term=" + nzbmatrix_search

not sure where your getting the idea im limiting to 8 hours?, or that im limiting by days?, im simply using the nzbmatrix rss feed which returns the latest 50 posts (nzbmatrix limit) for the search criteria you have entered. the only imposed limit in moviegrabber is that you cannot hit the rss feed more frequently than every 30 mins for obvious reasons.

one thing to keep in mind is if you have the option "english" selected for nzbmatrix language in moviegrabber then it will skip any posts not marked as english (they are flagged/not flagged english in nzbmatrix not moviegrabber).

just ran a full test rss feed again moviegrabber, 100% match for me :-)
RKM

Post by RKM »

Well as I mentioned, I noticed this is where the cutoff was occurring, and that if you were intending to cutoff at 8 hours (which I didn't think was possible) then the movies were probably all being successfully added. If you were not, there may be issues. The cutoff being at 50, however, would produce similar results -- I thought NZBmatrix supported larger recordsets.

One question, what are you entering for the "&subcat" param? Based on your URL, this is the only way I can see there would be a difference. I am testing with "2", which is what I'd expect you to be using, but I'm getting different movies (and I'm factoring in the IMDB issue) than what I'm getting in MovieGrabber, with the same criteria.
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi funnyname, as suspected this is your issue:-

nzbmatrix_search = +divx,+xvid,+720p,-cam,-telesync,-ts,-german

the search criteria weork by matching your terms in the post title, so your search will never match as you wont ever see a post name with both xvid, divx, and 720p.

my advise would be to decide which format you wish to go for either bluray or dvd then you can use more generic terms, e.g.:-

+dvdrip -cam -dvd9 -dvd5 -telesync -ts -german
this will match any dvdrip so should exclude all non dvd sources such as ts, tc, cam etc but you can still use the negative terms if you wish, also note i have put in negative search terms to exclude dvd5/9, alternatively you could include +xvid which would also stop dvd5/9

or

+720p +bluray -cam -telesync -ts -german
this will match 720p encoded movies only, and they will have to be from a bluray source, again thus preventing any ts/tc,cam's, negative terms in there again to ensure this but not really required.

i hope this helps!.

binhex.
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi rkm, im using subcat 42, what i did for my test:-

1. went to nzbmatrix rss xml, ticked option for english only, ssl, selected movies hd/h264 (subcat 42), put in search term 720p, clicked on generate xml feed
2. went to moviegrabber, select cat hd/x264, select english, enter search criteria of 720p, zero'd min and max values, cleared history and queue and forced run now.

i then compared each history result in moviegrabber against the generated rss feed and every post with a imdb link in the rss feed was shown in history in moviegrabber.
J03 8LACK

Post by J03 8LACK »

binhex wrote:hi funnyname, as suspected this is your issue:-

nzbmatrix_search = +divx,+xvid,+720p,-cam,-telesync,-ts,-german

the search criteria weork by matching your terms in the post title, so your search will never match as you wont ever see a post name with both xvid, divx, and 720p.

my advise would be to decide which format you wish to go for either bluray or dvd then you can use more generic terms, e.g.:-

+dvdrip -cam -dvd9 -dvd5 -telesync -ts -german
this will match any dvdrip so should exclude all non dvd sources such as ts, tc, cam etc but you can still use the negative terms if you wish, also note i have put in negative search terms to exclude dvd5/9, alternatively you could include +xvid which would also stop dvd5/9

or

+720p +bluray -cam -telesync -ts -german
this will match 720p encoded movies only, and they will have to be from a bluray source, again thus preventing any ts/tc,cam's, negative terms in there again to ensure this but not really required.

i hope this helps!.

binhex.

Hey binhex,

I still use the old "or" command. Example + (and), - (not), and +- (or) I have only tested this on NZBmatrix here is my search string

+-dvdrip +-DVDrip +-DVDRip +-R5 +-BDRIP +-BDRip +-BRRip +-DVDSCR -SUBBED -CAM -tc -ts -telesync -telecine -3d -french -TRUEFRENCH

And limit your size to match your file type you want min 400MB to 3000MB for xvid and divx

I think everyone fights with this search string setup the first time.

last thing do you still have to have a -(not) at the end of the string.

Hope it helps
J03
RKM

Post by RKM »

Okay, so indeed that is most likely the error.

The category #42 is officially "Movies: HD (x264)". For purposes of testing, you'd want to try the "All movies" category that I'm testing, to be sure you're working across the greatest variety of posts.

My guess is that somehow, something you're using in your querystring is the issue. For example, I am guessing it's that you're using "subcat" which I don't think has an option for "All Movies".

The fix is to use the correct querystring parameter for all movies, which I believe requires the querystring parameter "cat" rather than "subcat".

If you switch out "&cat=Movies" as a replacement for "&subcat=??" you should find that your NZBmatrix.com "All Movies" querystring will then work properly, fixing the issue I've mentioned earlier.

Important Note - This is only for the RSS search. If you attempt to use this querystring (cat=Movies) in the HTML search, it does not work properly. However, if you use the HTML-valid option of "cat=Movies-all" in RSS, it does not work. You use RSS, therefore, I've given you the RSS-valid querystring. Just don't go testing it via the HTML renderer and expecting it to work there.

Also, to Joe Black - I think the problem is that you're using the "+-", this does not work in NZBmatrix. For "or" you'd simply include the multiple strings you did want, for example, this would get 720p *OR* 1080p, but not 480p: 720p 1080p -480p -- here's a working example for you: http://nzbmatrix.com/nzb-search.php?sea ... movies-all