[Windows] Pre-Queue Pause Item Script

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
newsleecher

[Windows] Pre-Queue Pause Item Script

Post by newsleecher »

Didn't see a solution for this so here is something simple for folks that like to micro manage their queue. This will put items into the queue paused depending on which category they are coming in as included uncategorized/default stuff. May also be useful for things like couch potato, sickbeard or any other external app which bring in tons of stuff. It is easy to modify the below to suit any custom category. This may not be needed if sab allowed categories to be set up with a paused priority status similar to how it allows it for rss feeds.

You can use it by copying the below into a text file and saving the file as preQueuePause.cmd and dropping the file into your scripts folder. Then go to sab and under "Switches" menu choose the new file under the pre-queue user script option. There is nothing harmful that this code can do just pause stuff is all.

Code: Select all

@echo off
echo 1
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo.

set nothing=""
set pauseit=false

IF %3==%nothing% set pauseit=true
IF %3==* set pauseit=true
IF /i %3==default set pauseit=true
IF /i %3==movie set pauseit=true
IF /i %3==tv set pauseit=true

IF %pauseit%==true (
  GOTO PAUSE_ITEM
) ELSE (
  GOTO LEAVE_IT_BE
)

:PAUSE_ITEM
echo -2

:LEAVE_IT_BE
echo.
marysm

Thanks

Post by marysm »

I just stumbled upon this. Very nice. Using it for CouchPotato as I am worried it will dl wrong versions (years, partial title matches, etc.). Thanks much.
Vengfulr3ap3r

Re: [Windows] Pre-Queue Pause Item Script

Post by Vengfulr3ap3r »

Hey!!! Thanks for the script! Just one question, You said it was easy to modify the script but to be completely honest i know next to nothing about script so im not quite sure where to edit, im going to go out on a limb and probably make myself look like an idiot by saying this but where it says

Code: Select all

IF /i %3==default set pauseit=true
IF /i %3==movie set pauseit=true
IF /i %3==tv set pauseit=true
would i just remove the default and tv portions or would i just change pauseit=true to false? do i need to set anything in the "set nothing="" " line or do i leave it alone... I really am quite sorry to bother you with this, i just have no idea what does what so im not sure where to start and the sabnzbd wiki isnt loading for me.