Auto Start on Debian Squeeze DNS-320 Problems

Support for the Debian/Ubuntu package, created by JCFP.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
pidass1727

Auto Start on Debian Squeeze DNS-320 Problems

Post by pidass1727 »

I have a DNS-320 that I have loaded Debian Squeeze on.

I'm currently having issues with autostarting SABnzbd when the server reboots.

What I have done so far:
I installed the package via the contrib source so I could get the almost up to date version 06.9 (I've also tried it from the stable repo version 05.xx with the same problems).

Edited the /etc/default/sabnzbdplus file with the username I created (username: nzb) though I have also tried 'root' with no success. As well as configure the hostname/ip as host=0.0.0.0 and port=8080.

I can run the script via

Code: Select all

sh /etc/init.d/sabnzbdplus start
and the application starts perfectly when I SSH into the box as root but will not start automatically when it's rebooted.

I'm sure there is something simple I'm missing but I've been working on it for literally a couple hours now. I have a feeling the Debian on the DNS-320 starts as some other user that is preventing the startup script from running, though I'm out of ideas. Thanks for any help.
pidass1727

Re: Auto Start on Debian Squeeze DNS-320 Problems

Post by pidass1727 »

Tried using the procedure/script found in this thread:
http://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5871

with the same result, the app will not start on reboot. requires manual start.
pidass1727

Post by pidass1727 »

I seemed to fix the issue. Posting it up to help any other DNS-3XX users out there running Debian Squeeze. After tracing through the fun_plug file found that the start scripts are actually in the file /boot/linuxrc

So I added this section at the bottom for my SABNZBD and will add lines for my CouchPotato and SickBeard when I get around to setting those up as well:

Code: Select all

# START Usenet Services
/etc/init.d/sabnzbd start >/var/log/sabnzbd.log 2>&1[/color]
I added the logging part ( >/var/log/sabnzbd.log 2>&1) I'm pretty sure it's redundant but w/e.
danfozzy

Post by danfozzy »

You are a star, I've been at this for a couple of days, had no luck until now :) cheers mate!

On another note have u managed to get the SickbeardSickbeard scripts working, I've got a prob with running the sabtosickbeard.py script, always fails
danfozzy

Post by danfozzy »

can i ask what was the source you used??
pidass1727

Post by pidass1727 »

yea sickbeard was up and running with no real trouble. You have to setup a 'scripts' folder in SAB and then copy over the script to that folder, and edit the few lines at the top if needed. Then go back into SAB under categories and assigned 'TV' the sabtosickbeard script in the drop down. The rest was cake for me. Hope that helps.
danfozzy

Post by danfozzy »

Hey, managed to get it all installed but on rebooting my 320 my script starts up boot then errors out on a signal 15 and shuts down! Yet if I run the script manually it runs fine! Need to fine away to add a 30 sec delay on the autostart script, you have any idea?
danfozzy

Post by danfozzy »

Could u also post The top line bit of your sabtosickbeard.py script, I'm getting a syntax error for line 19, can't seem to get it goin!
pidass1727

Post by pidass1727 »

i was mistaken, I didn't edit the sabtosickbeard script just the config file, autoprocesstv.cfg. Make sure they are both in the scripts directory you defined in sabnzbd. Here is the only thing in my config (sickbeard and sabnzbd run off the same NAS):

[SickBeard]
host=localhost
port=8081
username=
password=
web_root=
danfozzy

Post by danfozzy »

Cool, I've got it all working, for some reason my sabtosickbeard.py was all messed up!

The only prob I've got is that it starts up on boot, then gets a signal 15 then shutdown of sabnzbd, if I start it manually it loads up works like a charm, weird!

Get the same for Sickbeard and couch potato, ummm It must be something to do with the startup commands?

Can u think of anything? Tempted to wipe the squeeze install and try again

Can u post your Sickbeard init.d script, so I compare mine?
danfozzy

Post by danfozzy »

It's definite my init.d script that's giving me grief! Can u post your or point me in the direction where u got yours

Cheers mate