Mirror Downloads on 2 Sabnzbds

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
theCheek

Mirror Downloads on 2 Sabnzbds

Post by theCheek »

Hi, I'm new to these post processing scripts so would appreciate some help.

I have two Synology NAS drives both running Sabnzbd in 2 locations. The NAS drives are exact mirrors of each other. To maintain this mirror, I would like for any new download initiated on one NAS to be automatically added to the second. There are a bunch of watched folder programs out there but I was wondering if I could write a post processing scripts to extract the .nzb from the newly downloaded file, and copy it to the watched folder on the second NAS across the internet (via ftp or similar). Any help would be greatly appreciated...
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Mirror Downloads on 2 Sabnzbds

Post by jcfp »

Might be able to (ab)use the nzb backup / duplicates detection for this. Copying over the backup nzbs on both nas devices to each others blackhole dirs, triggered from contab or a postprocessing script. With the dupe detection on to prevent an infinite downloading loop.
theCheek

Post by theCheek »

jcfp wrote:Might be able to (ab)use the nzb backup / duplicates detection for this. Copying over the backup nzbs on both nas devices to each others blackhole dirs, triggered from contab or a postprocessing script. With the dupe detection on to prevent an infinite downloading loop.
Yep this is exactly what I had in mind, however just copying from the backups directory on one Nas to the watched folder on the other won't cut it, as I would lose the sorting between tv and movie. The best way would still be with a postprocessing script... i just haven't got a clue where to start!
exussum

Post by exussum »

Hmm

sabnzbd1 having a .nzb Backup Folder (config >> folders) set

then using $2 or %2 from here

http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/user-scripts

Not sure what OS your running (i assume the box is a linux one ?) and what FTP server is on the box

Edit:

http://linuxconfig.org/mount-remote-ftp ... filesystem
maybe use that - so Server 2 has a remote mounted server 1 nzb file folder as its watched folder