Sabnzbd gui not responding after a while

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
guusje25

Sabnzbd gui not responding after a while

Post by guusje25 »

Hello everyone,

I have recently installed sabnzbd on my ubuntu server. It is the newest version and i installed it via the apt-get. I am able to connect to the web graphical interface on my laptop. Everythings seems to work fine, until it is connected for a while. Then i am unable to connect the web interface. Also the other services as webmin, apache and the samba file server are offline. When i press a key on the ubuntu servers keyboard everything is back online. I uninstalled the sabnzbd to check if it was a memory issue. The conclusion after that was that the services were running all fine. Also when i stopped the sabnzbd service the problem was away. My question is: What is the solution to make sabnzbd accessible for always trough the network.

I already tried to install it as a unix-daemon and added the start/stop script but without succes. It could be a network problem since it is a old desktop pc which i turned into a ubuntu server.

Hope someone recognize the same problem and knows a solution.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Sabnzbd gui not responding after a while

Post by sander »

Sounds like a system problem (is your server hibernating or so?), not a SABnzbd problem. Probably better to ask for advice on the Ubuntu forums: http://ubuntuforums.org/
guusje25

Post by guusje25 »

Well this is an update of my previous post. I have fixed the problem now and it was a sabnzbd fault. I came to the conclusion that i installed it trough the apt-get install sabnzbdplus. Since i saw on the wiki page of sab that running on unix as a daemon is possible. This was what i already installed. But what i did wrong was that when i start the sab daemon i used /etc/init.d/sabnzbdplus start. I solved this to run the ./SABnzbd.py file toghether with the .ini file in the .sabnzbd folder.
I used the follow input in the command line to start the daemon.

Code: Select all

/usr/local/SABnzbd-0.6.10/SABnzbd.py -d -f /home/guus/.sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini
This is what helped for me.

Specs i have on the pc:
Ubuntu Server Natty 11.10
512 MB RAM
32GB HDD
spamalam

Post by spamalam »

I found this page, exactly the same problem.
sabnzbd became laggy, unresponsive and couchpotatoe and sickbeard were having issues sending nzbds.

sudo apt-get remove sabnzbdplus
wget ... <- latest
/usr/local/SABnzbd-0*/SABnzbd.py -d -f /home/ME/.sabnzbd

No issues now; i think there's an issue with the ubuntu supplied version. Prior to this i removed it, deleted all files and reinstalled and after leaving it running for a couple of days, same problem. No issues with the latest installed and run manually so far.