Backup Server being used like Active Server

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
lightshow

Backup Server being used like Active Server

Post by lightshow »

Version: Sabnzbd 0.6.10

Symptom:

When adding two servers (usenet providers) in the following setup:

eunews.blocknews.net
Port 563
Enabled
SSL
Backup Server

europe-ssl.newsdemon.com
Port 563
Enabled
SSL

So the basic idea of using the newsdemon as primary and the block account as backup && backfill of missing articles. Both servers work fine.

What I found was when I started a download and looked at Status -> Connections, I notice that articles are being grabbed from both servers and not just the newsdemon one which I wanted.

I verified this by looking at the server configuration tab which shows daily usage amounts and refreshing every so often and seeing *both* the servers using bandwidth.

As it seems, the "backup" server should only get utilization at the end of the download when/if some articles are missing and Sab is just getting the stuff it couldn't get from its primary server.

So looking through the logs I see my primary account is always showing missing files:
2011-11-28 02:57:48,028::INFO::[downloader:559] Thread [email protected]:563: Article [email protected] missing (error=430)

But, when I only allow downloading with the primary server, it still becomes successful in the end. So, of course my primary might have really bad completion and would call my block each time it misses an articles, but if so, why can I still get the entire file (even with the logs showing a lot of missing articles) with only the primary enabled?

I only have the a problem on a certain alt.binaries.xbox360 area. But I see lots of missing in the logs from other .binaries. sections of usenet.

It makes me think that my primary is just really sucky with completion...

I just wanted to throw my use case out there to see if there was a quick response that something was up with the "Backup Server" setting in this version or if it's just my providers being bad.
pobox

Re: Backup Server being used like Active Server

Post by pobox »

Newsdemon doesn't have any articles at all for the post that includes [email protected]

All of the articles for that post were removed from Newsdemon by DMCA request of the content owner.