[iOS] Qouch for SABnzbd, CouchPotato & Sick Beard

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
qonstrukt

[iOS] Qouch for SABnzbd, CouchPotato & Sick Beard

Post by qonstrukt »

Qouch provides a portable iOS frontend to three applications from one app:

SABnzbd:
- Manage your download queue and history
- Add NZB's by URL
- Change the category, priority, post processing and script from within Qouch
- The required API key will be automatically detected

CouchPotato:
- Manage your wanted, snatched and downloaded collections
- Add new movies by searching for them using themoviedb.org
- Look up basic movie info from within Qouch, or more detailed info using the IMDb app
- Force search/refresh any wanted movie

Sick Beard:
- Have an overview of your favorite TV shows
- Check which episodes are soon to be available
- Add TV shows to Sick Beard
- Take a look at the history to see what Sick Beard has been doing while you weren't looking

I couldn't find an application which could provide access to all of these applications at once, so I thought it would be time to create one myself. :)

Leave your comments in this topic, or follow me at Twitter or at Facebook.

I'm sure there are still some bugs in it, so all the help I can get fixing them by sending in your feedback is appreciated!
bbaraniec

Re: [iOS] Qouch for SABnzbd, CouchPotato & Sick Beard

Post by bbaraniec »

Hi,
Great idea, here is my feedback:

- we should be able to specify host for every SAB, SB, CP separately, here is why I'm using reverse proxy so I'm accessing https://mydomain.com/sabnzbd, https://mydomain.com/sickbeard and https://mydomain.com/couchpotato, current settings are not allowing me to have one "server" with all my services
- I can't connect to SAB, SB or CP using external address: for example mydomain.com/couchpotato on port 443, I've tried all settings http(s) with and without port, specifying host: http(s)://mydomain.com/couchpotato gives error, specifying host: mydomain.com/couchpotato keeps connecting for ever

Nice to have:
- ability to reassign bottom menu, I like other order :)

Looking forward to see updates and be able to test it :) but like I said it's a great idea and great job getting this app to appstore !
-
Kind regards
Bartek
qonstrukt

Post by qonstrukt »

HTTPS is currently not possible, but it's on my list, together with reverse proxy support. I'll post an ETA over here when I can supply one. :)
Adeiko

Post by Adeiko »

First of all, i'm amazed that Apple aproved this app. (They rejected iCouchpotato for example).

The app is great, not really eyecandy but seves his function.

Some suggestions:

1- In the TV Shows list and Movies list, do not know if it hard to put a letter shortcut like contacts app:

Seen it in other apps and it would be great for people that have long lists.

2- Cache mode:

Sometimes your machine isn't on, or it's too slow because it's downloading/ have low memory (i use a NAS for it), would love to have a cached mode. So even your phone is offline (maybe you use it on an iPod Touch) or your server is offline you could check what movies/tvshows are in the queue and you could add one movie and send it to the server the next time is online.
The first part i've seen it used in services like XBMC commander and it works great. The second thing (adding movies offline and when online sending them i've seen it in a Couchpotato android app, do not know if you can do in iOS also.

3- Trailers

Seen this in XBMC commander app also, you could check to integrate the movie trailers (apple movie trailers is a terrific app, or if not youtube searchs) and tv episodes previews (this youtube channel rocks hard http://www.youtube.com/user/televisionp ... ture=g-all )

Hope this helps you a little, and thanks for creating this app!
carphead

Post by carphead »

It'd be nice to have the ability to search and browse the standard NZB sites as well.
qonstrukt

Post by qonstrukt »

Many thanks for the great response and suggestions! :)
I had quite a todo list already, it isn't getting any shorter. :D
I'm hard at work for the next version so I'll keep you posted!
siliconix

Post by siliconix »

Hi
App looks pretty slick.
I was running a little behind latest version of Sickbeard, and everything worked fine.
After updating to latest build this is how "Coming Episodes" look :

The "Show list" is fine.
Iphone is on iOS 5.01, Sickbeard on Linux, just updated to latest build a few minutes before post, still same issue.
qonstrukt

Post by qonstrukt »

Yep, that's a known issue with the latest version of Sick Beard. It will be fixed in the next version which I plan to submit soon this week. (Need some more testing from my end.)
That version will also add SSL and reverse proxy support.
Minotaur

Post by Minotaur »

I can connect to my SAB and CP installs, but the only one functioning fully for me is SAB. SickBeard allows a connect but I can't do any thing else once I am in there - just sits waiting after I hit Coming Episodes, for example. Couch Potato allows a connection but "soon" just goes to a blank result.
qonstrukt

Post by qonstrukt »

Those sound like issues that should be resolved in the next version. What versions of CP and SB are you using?
qonstrukt

Post by qonstrukt »

Well, that was quick. Version 1.1.5 has just been released in the app store! :)

Changelog:
- Support for SSL connections
- Support for SABnzbd, CP and SB behind a reverse proxy
- Ability to disable certain services
- General UI and performance improvements
- Some bug fixes
ggugger

Post by ggugger »

Having trouble getting Sickbeard to work. I know that someone else also pointed it out on twitter but I figure I'd mention it also.

More importantly, it would be awesome if there was a setting so I could limit how many items SABnzbd pulls up from the history. I have a lot of downloads and it takes quite a long time to pull up all that information when I only want to see the last two or three downloads.

And my one major suggestion, I don't know whether the development is far enough along yet, but if Headphones could be the third major app that you incorporate I think you'd really be on to something special.

Still, awesome app. I mean awesome.
Ayla
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Ayla »

ggugger wrote:More importantly, it would be awesome if there was a setting so I could limit how many items SABnzbd pulls up from the history. I have a lot of downloads and it takes quite a long time to pull up all that information when I only want to see the last two or three downloads.
+1

We need a setting to limit history, like in myNZB, right now that part of the app is unusable for me, because of the slow loading.

Also, I tried to search for a TV show under the Sick Beard section, and the search stalled / crashed the app.

Thanks for a working CouchPotato app, I like it a lot :)
qonstrukt

Post by qonstrukt »

Thanks for the feedback! :)

A lot more customization is planned for the upcoming versions, which will also let you limit the display length of the queue and history. Also for Couch Potato I will be implementing the API as soon as possible, so that should solve a lot of problems regarding that one.
Minotaur

Post by Minotaur »

qonstrukt wrote:Those sound like issues that should be resolved in the next version. What versions of CP and SB are you using?
SickBeard: Alpha 491
CouchPotato: Windows r34

Issue is still present in the latest Qouch build :(