Using nzbs.org categories in RSS downloads

Want something added? Ask for it here.
blaise

Using nzbs.org categories in RSS downloads

Post by blaise »

I've modified the rss.py file to check for a hit on RSS filters for nzbs.org RSS categories.  Attached is a diff output for the latest Beta 5 rss.py.  I'd love to see this get into the main source tree, because I'm having to modify the source for each release.  Plus, I'd rather run from a binary release than the source.  I've been using this code with no problems since version 0.4 on MacOS 10.4.

I thought about modifying cfg.py and the ini file to be able to turn it on and off, but I figured if a user wanted it turned off, they just wouldn't put a filter in for the category.  If you'd like cfg.py modified and a diff provided (and a new one for rss.py), I can do that too.

Thanks,
Andrew
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Using nzbs.org categories in RSS downloads

Post by shypike »

The change is simple enough.
I do have some problems with supporting nzbs.org.
It's a completely closed shop, I assume it works by invitation?
We cannot support what we cannot access.
rollingeyeball
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by rollingeyeball »

Shypike, nzbs.org is simply 'registration required'. Not that I use it alot, but I'm a member and i recall no invite :)

EDIT before post:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. The signup page says 'Not now'.
I just had a look at the forum on there. There's no mention of closing registration. It may be a temporary thing.

You could  contact the site owner(s). There's a link at the bottom of the page.

Alternatively, I have a working account I'd be willing to give you access to. PM if you're interested.
Last edited by rollingeyeball on December 28th, 2009, 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
blaise

Post by blaise »

I didn't realize that they had closed registration either.  When I signed up it wasn't by registration or anything...just registered.  I understand the need to provide support for the change.  They have a contact us link, wonder if they would be willing to provide a test account for support of the product?  If you want, I can contact them to see if they will provide an account.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Would be nice if you could get an account for us.
switch

Post by switch »

I have an account so can test. not sure how long registration has been closred for.
inpheaux
Administrator
Administrator

Post by inpheaux »

switch wrote: I have an account so can test. not sure how long registration has been closred for.
It's been a couple weeks. I have an account too for testing.

Edit: shypike, see the internal forum.
Last edited by inpheaux on December 28th, 2009, 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Thanks.
I'll add the submitted code to 0.6.0.
huleboeren
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by huleboeren »

As a regular user of nzbs.org I am looking forward to this! :)
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

blaise wrote: I've modified the rss.py file to check for a hit on RSS filters for nzbs.org RSS categories.  Attached is a diff output for the latest Beta 5 rss.py.  I'd love to Andrew
I don't quite understand why you want it this way.
nzbs.org has category-based RSS feeds and your own searches can be category-based too.
So I don't see the need to match on categories in the RSS module.
I think it would make more sense to implement nzbs.org categories in the same as we did for newzbin.
The problem with that is that they don't supply the category along with the NZB file (like newzbin does).
(Maybe you can suggest that on their forum :) )

I propose to implement two things.
Setting a category based on the category as found in the RSS feed (mimics the newzbin way).
Add a "RequiresCat" keyword to the RSS filters, which would work for both nzbs.org and newzbin.
blaise

Post by blaise »

shypike wrote:
blaise wrote: I've modified the rss.py file to check for a hit on RSS filters for nzbs.org RSS categories.  Attached is a diff output for the latest Beta 5 rss.py.  I'd love to Andrew
I don't quite understand why you want it this way.
nzbs.org has category-based RSS feeds and your own searches can be category-based too.
So I don't see the need to match on categories in the RSS module.
I think it would make more sense to implement nzbs.org categories in the same as we did for newzbin.
The problem with that is that they don't supply the category along with the NZB file (like newzbin does).
(Maybe you can suggest that on their forum :) )

I propose to implement two things.
Setting a category based on the category as found in the RSS feed (mimics the newzbin way).
Add a "RequiresCat" keyword to the RSS filters, which would work for both nzbs.org and newzbin.
Reading what you are saying, that would work for the category specific feeds and searches.  However, the primary way I use nzbs.org is not using their category specific RSS feeds (i.e. their TV feed).  I just go to their site and flag the files I want to download.  That saves them to your cart, and then you can save your entire cart to your "My NZBs", which has it's own RSS feed.  So, I subscribe to that in SABnzbd.  In that feed subscription, with the code I have provided, I can filter on the provided RSS categories and put them into the appropriately defined SABnzbd category directories, because I could have a mixture of different file categories that I have saved to "My NZBs".  So in my RSS feed definition for SABnzbd, I have Accept || TV*, Accept || Movie* and Accept || Music* and filter them directly to my SABnzbd defined TV, Movie, or Music defined categories.  That way it picks up the nzbs.org Movie-XVID, Music-MP3, TV-DVD, etc. if any of those files exist in the feed that I've selected.

I can certainly see the benefit of the way you are talking about for when I utilize a TV feed to filter on particular TV shows that I want to download on a regular basis.

Thanks.
Last edited by blaise on December 30th, 2009, 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

I implemented my own proposal.
In 0.6.0 you will be able to use RequiresCat to match the nzbs.org categories.
So in your case the filters would be:

Code: Select all

RequiresCat: re:(TV*)|(Movie*)
Accept: *
That way you can filter on categories and titles.

The only other thing I need to do is set the category for the job.
(because you cannot do it with the filters now).
blaise

Post by blaise »

Sounds good.  I'm sure your solution is the better way since you are more familiar with the code base.  Mine was a quick and dirty hack to get what I needed working. 

Is this code available in SVN that I can pull it down and give it a try?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Sure, except for the category association.
https://svn2.assembla.com/svn/SABnzbd/trunk/main
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Should be complete now.
On the categories page you can now enter nzbs.org categories.
Either you use them as category name or you enter them in the newzbin/group column (comma seperated list).
Example
TV | ........ | TV - XVid, TV - DVD

I'd recommend using the newzbin/group column.