nzbdStatus: SAB Control & Monitoring and NewzBin Integration

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
Michael127

Re: nzbdStatus: SAB Control & Monitoring and NewzBin Integration

Post by Michael127 »

ssboisen wrote: I'm having trouble using the 'Send to SABnzbd Icon' on Newzbin since i upgraded to the latest version of sabnzbd and nzbdstatus - that is after i started using the api-key. Whenever i press the yellow (normally green) download icon on Newzbin nothing happens. Anyone having same problem and found a solution?

Same problem
Sorry newbie
ssboisen

Post by ssboisen »

i looked through the source-code and I think i located the problem, as it says on this forum under the apikey announcement:
If set, the web username and password is still required as well as the apikey. This may change in version 0.5, however for now both the api key and user/password are required.
However in the code whenever an apikey is set it's only the apikey which is appended to the url that is used in automation.

This is what a section of the code looks like now:
if ((SABnzbdStatus.getPreference('sabusername') != '') && (SABnzbdStatus.getPreference('apikey') == ''))
{
fullUrl += '&ma_username='+SABnzbdStatus.getPreference('sabusername')+'&ma_password='+SABnzbdStatus.getPreference('sabpassword');
}
if (SABnzbdStatus.getPreference('apikey') != '')
{
fullUrl += '&apikey='+SABnzbdStatus.getPreference('apikey');
}
i believe it should be changed to
if ((SABnzbdStatus.getPreference('sabusername') != ''))
{
fullUrl += '&ma_username='+SABnzbdStatus.getPreference('sabusername')+'&ma_password='+SABnzbdStatus.getPreference('sabpassword');
}
if (SABnzbdStatus.getPreference('apikey') != '')
{
fullUrl += '&apikey='+SABnzbdStatus.getPreference('apikey');
}
I'll test it when I get home and put up a fixed version if it works (unless the original author is gonna put out a fixed version).

Edit: Tested my solution and it works, you can grab it from the link below:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=APFD40IL

Regards

Simon, Denmark
Last edited by ssboisen on May 5th, 2009, 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
huleboeren
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by huleboeren »

Is it possible to have a third icon showing that SABnzbd is FORCE downloading (sab 0.5a2)
EnnZeeBee
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by EnnZeeBee »

ssboisen wrote: I'm having trouble using the 'Send to SABnzbd Icon' on Newzbin since i upgraded to the latest version of sabnzbd and nzbdstatus - that is after i started using the api-key. Whenever i press the yellow (normally green) download icon on Newzbin nothing happens. Anyone having same problem and found a solution?
I cannot confirm the above. Everything works fine here, without any adjustment needed.
ssboisen

Post by ssboisen »

EnnZeeBee wrote:
I cannot confirm the above. Everything works fine here, without any adjustment needed.
and your using v. 0.4.9 of sabnzbd?
EnnZeeBee
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by EnnZeeBee »

@ssboisen
Yes, I'm using version 0.4.9.
Hizzow

Post by Hizzow »

I have this same problem.  Running 1.0.7 nzbdstatus, tried the fix above (1.0.8-fx), same problem.  Running SABnzbd 0.4.9
Daktari

Post by Daktari »

I just removed my login information in nzbstatus and the problem you guys described went away. Maybe this helps
ssboisen

Post by ssboisen »

Daktari wrote: I just removed my login information in nzbstatus and the problem you guys described went away. Maybe this helps
yeah the problem is only occuring when you are using username and passwords, my fix works on my mac but not on my windows vista machine, i have no idear why, don't quite understand why, would be nice with some input from the original author
Kristan

Post by Kristan »

After having the same problem myself, I had a look at the code and the sabnzbd API and it looks like the sabnzbdStatus author has misinterpereted the API. If you're using usernames and passwords, these still need to be sent in addition to the API key. At the moment in the nzbdStatus code, it only sends the username and password if the API key is blank, hence the send to, refresh, timer etc. not working if you have a username/password set.

I've created a fixed version of the code available here :

http://www.aretheseyours.com/nzbdstatus-stable-k.xpi

This works for me on (running XP) with username/password and the API key set. Any probs, let me know, just thought this might save others the hassles I've had :)
duz

Post by duz »

Kristan wrote: After having the same problem myself, I had a look at the code and the sabnzbd API and it looks like the sabnzbdStatus author has misinterpereted the API. If you're using usernames and passwords, these still need to be sent in addition to the API key. At the moment in the nzbdStatus code, it only sends the username and password if the API key is blank, hence the send to, refresh, timer etc. not working if you have a username/password set.
I understood the API just fine, the problem is the login system is rather bad and I needed to rewrite my code to handle it and the apikey properly.  That is what's in 1.0.9 (among other things).
themugger
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by themugger »

Hi Duz, love this little app! works great for me ;D One thing which you mention is your first post is Monitoring several SAB daemons, do you still have plans for this?

Thanks again
duz

Post by duz »

themugger wrote: Hi Duz, love this little app! works great for me ;D One thing which you mention is your first post is Monitoring several SAB daemons, do you still have plans for this?

Thanks again
Yep, I have a mostly working version that can handle multiple servers.  It's been on the back burner while I put the APIkey changes into v1.  If you stop by the irc channel (under the Help tab) I  can give you a link of a test build of v2.
themugger
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by themugger »

duz wrote:
themugger wrote: Hi Duz, love this little app! works great for me ;D One thing which you mention is your first post is Monitoring several SAB daemons, do you still have plans for this?

Thanks again
Yep, I have a mostly working version that can handle multiple servers.  It's been on the back burner while I put the APIkey changes into v1.  If you stop by the irc channel (under the Help tab) I  can give you a link of a test build of v2.
hey duz, have tried to get hold of you on irc but cannot seem to catch you. Any chance you could send us the link to test build v2 for you.

thanks
duz

Post by duz »

Here's the current build of v2, no guarantee it's in a working state.
http://nzbdstatus.svn.sourceforge.net/v ... status.xpi
Stop by the irc channel if you need help getting it running.