Theme: SabNZBd plush (concept!)

Got a neat new template? Share it here!
Snow

Re: Theme: SabNZBd plush (concept!)

Post by Snow »

I like the way this is evolving very much - thumbs up for your great work !

1. ETA looks alright this way
2. The up/down when hovering seams overkill to me - adds nothing to information already being displayed
3. When hovering an item , or selecting one, the icon has to change from a right arrow to a down arrow to indicate that item is opened - clicking again on the right arrow should close it again.
4. Its obvious to me, but hey who am i, that the figures in progress bar are MBs, but maybe it should be made a little clearer by
a. hovering the bar shoud indicate MBs or
b. putting 'Mb' in text after the progress bar
5. the action in the drop-down box is D now - the box will expand with, lets say, D+R+S - i think this will break the layout !??

Some thoughts - keep up the good work !

Ps doing something with a right-click on an item always makes me a bit shaky - keep the right click to the browser default is the way to go for me  ;)
Last edited by Snow on February 29th, 2008, 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
neilt0

Post by neilt0 »

OK, everyone loves this theme. When can we download it?

;D
DeXeS
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by DeXeS »

injectx wrote: In front of the name a checkmark or a cross is placed to inform about any errors. This is what you meant?
Oh you already did that. Didn't even see it  :D. Looks perfect!
injectx
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by injectx »

pair of dimes wrote:

As you can see, that's a lot of numbers to be throwing around. I guess there could always just be ONE par2, ONE unrar, ONE del (and one unzip/join if necessary) that just show the total summaries. I always liked seeing the results of nzbs but that can be improved upon later, it would be nice to keep it really simple for now. So what I am suggesting is...

Code: Select all

= ./ Ubuntu    { [PAR2|48|10.2s] [UNRAR|48|24.8s] [DEL|50] }
= ./ ubuntU    { [PAR2|18|8.2s] [UNRAR|18|14.8s] [UNZIP|4|2.9s] [DEL|24] }
= >< linux1.0  { [PAR2|18|8.2s|ERROR: Need 28 more parts] }
= ./ bibles    { [PAR2|20|88.2s] [UNRAR|300|666.4s ] [DEL|290] }
It doesn't have to say PAR2 and all, just somehow be understood that that's what it's doing. (and again it can be hovered for more info)

The hover is a good option. All detailed information can be viewed whenever you want to.
Think the interface would be pretty user-friendly as it is, with some advanced/more detailed info when hovering over items.

Snow wrote: I like the way this is evolving very much - thumbs up for your great work !

3. When hovering an item , or selecting one, the icon has to change from a right arrow to a down arrow to indicate that item is opened - clicking again on the right arrow should close it again.
Good idea.
4. Its obvious to me, but hey who am i, that the figures in progress bar are MBs, but maybe it should be made a little clearer by
a. hovering the bar shoud indicate MBs or
b. putting 'Mb' in text after the progress bar
5. the action in the drop-down box is D now - the box will expand with, lets say, D+R+S - i think this will break the layout !??
The rest of the list has enough spacing to display a bigger box so that shouldn't be much of a problem.
Some thoughts - keep up the good work !

Ps doing something with a right-click on an item always makes me a bit shaky - keep the right click to the browser default is the way to go for me  ;)
Maybe it's just something to get used to, web evolves as we speak. Just needs some testing I think.
pair of dimes wrote: In your professional opinion when shall I put it into place?
neilt0 wrote: OK, everyone loves this theme. When can we download it?

;D
I think now is a right time to begin implementing and testing the theme.
At this moment, there aren't big things to complain about, just a few little details that easily can be adjusted during testing.

So pair, if you're ready just tell me what you need (Slices, PSD's or empty JPEG's) as I'm very eager to know if everything will
look and work as it's showed and discussed :)

Oh, just one thing I never really asked; is it possible to shorten queue and history list names,
so that "Ubuntu.x86.8.10.DVD.SPECIAL-EDITION" will be displayed as: "Ubuntu.x86.DVD.SPEC..." otherwise I think
the layout will be greatly affected in a less user-friendly way.
Last edited by injectx on February 29th, 2008, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
inpheaux
Administrator
Administrator

Post by inpheaux »

Snow wrote:Ps doing something with a right-click on an item always makes me a bit shaky - keep the right click to the browser default is the way to go for me  ;)
I strongly agree with this. I'm not going to let paradigmm go nuts and override default click actions.
nzb_leecher

Post by nzb_leecher »

Hm i wonder if Apple is gone sue your ass  ;D
injectx
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by injectx »

pair of dimes wrote: Something like this I figure?
Thanks! I've been a little busy lately, so I didn't had much time.
I'll post the ZIP archive including all pictures in an hour or so.

edit: Attached! (rename to .zip) Hope this should do it :)
Last edited by injectx on March 2nd, 2008, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
klepty

Post by klepty »

This looks excellent, will it be included in the next rls?
I had used Nova forever and it is great but for some reason if there is a bunch
of files in the history it will make firefox hog plenty of resources.

I look forward to this new theme.
injectx
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by injectx »

Done! (view attached file)

Thanks already and looking forward to test it :)

P.s. : I don't really know if everything will fit as perfectly because of the raster and the inner shadow in both
titles. One other thing.. is it possible to keep a fixed width (so it looks like the concepts)? Or do you think
this ain't gonna work/will display too less information about the queued item?
evidenceunseen

Post by evidenceunseen »

I was wondering if you'd be willing to impliment the ability to hide the title bar, the bar that has +nzb, options, config and help. I find it can take up a lot of screen space at times especially when using the newzbin header frame greasemonkey script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/3939
jp22382
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jp22382 »

evidenceunseen wrote: I was wondering if you'd be willing to impliment the ability to hide the title bar, the bar that has +nzb, options, config and help. I find it can take up a lot of screen space at times especially when using the newzbin header frame greasemonkey script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/3939
Hey thanks for pointing out that script, very useful :)

I concur, being able to hide (minimize) the title bar in SAB would be nice.
evidenceunseen

Post by evidenceunseen »

That's a good idea, I like that.
injectx
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by injectx »

Great! really getting some shape already  :)

Like the autohide option too, would be nice to have a choice wheter the menu is shown or not.
sbultez

Post by sbultez »

Hello guys,
Plush concept really looks great :-)

Can you skin the postprocessing box too ? (where you select D, R, ...)
I was thinking about background colors and font colors to match the other colors

I know for sure that webkit/safari will work with it, as will probably other browsers !

Thanks,

Sam
injectx
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by injectx »

pair of dimes wrote: injectx, two requests:

(1) Could you please make the Queue/History titles a transparent image without the stripes? Also, could you make it only the larger "Queue" / "History" and not the smaller -- then I will place HTML text on top of it (in case someone has images disabled, or the page is loading for the first time) -- how does that sound?
One big image for the Queue title and one big for History title or left-middle-right images? About the HTML text, good idea but you'll get different appereances on different systems, maybe because of the font, or anti-anialising. But yeah I think it can work out better when images are disabled or with older/different browsers with different CSS settings. It could also be modified easy, maybe for translation later on.

(2) Could you please review your 8 images slices for the t/r/b/l/tr/tl/bl/br portions of the big curvy/shadowed box?
First off, I'd like the inner portion of all the images to not be so padded (so the contents fit right up next to the border).
Well I did that because of the big shadow, now, all images are equal in shadow and fit together (as far as I know).
Secondly, (I think I have the HTML right) ..it would appear that the image slices don't quite match up from the straight portions to the corner portions. The corner slices need to contain as little of the corner as possible, but definitely all of it.
As mentioned.. the shadow is (maybe too) big so I had to cut further to the center. Maybe I just have to remove or make a smaller shadow, what do you think?