[RESOLVED] Post processing issue with movie/tv dloads

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
s1nglebarrel

[RESOLVED] Post processing issue with movie/tv dloads

Post by s1nglebarrel »

I am having a weird issue which is probably easy to solve. I just setup sabnzbd on a Ubuntu host running the latest version of sabnzbd. Everything downloads fine (outside of alot of time out errors) but the files all do come down. My issue is in the post processing. If I have it do nothing or just run the 'R' (repair) things are fine.

I can manually go in and unrar the files. However I was hoping to have sabnzbd go ahead and handle the unraring of files that have been successfully downloaded and validated. However when I do this with files I normally download e.g. tv, movie nzb's the unrar says it was succesful but I just end up with two files usually an nfo and a svf or something like that. No .mkv file nothing and then the job deletes all the .rar files which forces me to redownload again. I tried selecting the opiton "enable file join" since the rar files are "linked" but that did not resolve my issue.

I am assuming I am doing something wrong and would love any assistance in resolving this as it would be a good time saver to just have the core file I want ready and waiting.

Thanks
Last edited by s1nglebarrel on October 27th, 2009, 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Post processing issue with movie/tv dloads

Post by shypike »

Did you install a suitable unrar program?
The best choice is this one:
http://www.rarlab.com/rar/rarlinux-3.9.0.tar.gz
(Only the unrar program is free, the rest is shareware).

The unrars that come from the package repositories (apt-get) are often of dubious quality.
s1nglebarrel

Post by s1nglebarrel »

shypike wrote: Did you install a suitable unrar program?
The best choice is this one:
http://www.rarlab.com/rar/rarlinux-3.9.0.tar.gz
(Only the unrar program is free, the rest is shareware).

The unrars that come from the package repositories (apt-get) are often of dubious quality.
Ok went ahead and installed the rarlabs rar app. Will test and see if that resolves my issues.
Last edited by s1nglebarrel on October 26th, 2009, 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
s1nglebarrel

Post by s1nglebarrel »

That seems to have resolved the issue. Thank you for the quick fix greatly appreciated!!  ;D