nzbVR (alpha) - Episode scheduler and report monitor for SABnzbd+

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
DDM123
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: nzbVR (alpha) - Episode scheduler and report monitor for SABnzbd+

Post by DDM123 »

Has anyone tried this on Ubuntu + lighttpd? I get stuck at
"Loading ..

This can take a few minutes as nzbVR pulls data from third-party sites."

Strangely, there are no related errors in my lighttpd error.log.
sixones
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sixones »

Have you setup url rewrite with lighttpd or if not have you configured nzbVR to use a base url of; index.php/

Otherwise the Ajax requests will fail, have you been successful in viewing any of the pages?
DDM123
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by DDM123 »

Yeah, I've tried both. I didn't set up mod rewrite any further than enabling it in lighttpd.conf.

/var/www/nzbvr/config.php has the line 

$c['base_url'] = "index.php/";
sixones
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sixones »

try setting the base_url to; index.php?req=/

theres some issues with not using rewrite on urls that i havent got around to fixing yet, but the url rules are pretty simple. for nginx its;

Code: Select all

if (!-d $request_filename) {
	        rewrite /nzbvr/. /nzbvr/index.php last;
}
with lighttpd you should be able to use a rewrite rule like;

Code: Select all

url.rewrite-once = (
    "^/nzbvr/(.*)/([^\?]+)(\?(.*))?" => "/nzbvr/index.php/$1?$3" 
)
i havent tested that though, so might be completely wrong.
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

Having few problems with this .... especially part about base_url could be little bit clearer. i had to use /nzbvr/index.php?req=/ path , otherwise i couldnt get it working at all.

Also , nothing is adding to sabnzbd since there's no way to add user name and password for sabnzbd .5.Aplha.8
2009-11-05 20:13:30,530 WARNING: Authentication missing, please enter username/password from Config->General into your 3rd party program

Also when adding TV show ,  there's no way to add a show with ANY format.
sixones
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sixones »

SABnzbd .5+ uses an API key for authentication rather than username + password. You should be able to generate one from the sabnzbd general config page and then enter this on the nzbVR config.
Last edited by sixones on November 5th, 2009, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

as far as i'm aware it uses both. I have API key generated and working 100% since i'm using sabnzbdX with same API key just fine.
sixones
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sixones »

did you enter the sabnzbd+ api key into nzbVR? it should work without user / pass authentication since nzbVR is using the api key.
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

yes ... but its no big deal really. I cant get anything working correctly. Nice idea though !

Search doesnt return anything , Search all returns picnicrouter.renderer() error. Searching for shows that i know are on newzbin returns nothing saying no reports were found.

Wish you best luck with this. UI looks very nice and polished but not really ready for testing yet.
sixones
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sixones »

Yeah it has a few issues, at the moment it only really works via a virtual host. I will most likely fix these issues this weekend.

Thanks for trying!
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

I hope i didnt sound all negative. You're obviously very good at it but its too early for someone like me to test. I hope you add more sites than newzbin as well as. I like nzbmatrix and nzbs.org is probably best AND free. newzbin is getting alot of duplicates and passworded stuff lately , and  thats something i can do without :-)
sixones
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sixones »

Thats the plan! NZBMatrix will be the next supported nzb provider, i will look at nzbs.org too and see if theres an api to use.
japanfred

Post by japanfred »

Fantastic application, brilliant work, considering it's only alpha! Yet to test the scheduler, but we'll see when House airs tomorrow night.

Working a treat under ubuntu 9.10 (updated from 9.04).

Would be nice without the fancy transitions (or make them faster?).

Keep up the good work.
bnevets27
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by bnevets27 »

I know your still in the early stages of development but I have a couple questions/suggestions.

I finally got everything installed. Had a chance to try some of it out. I can't get the series section to work though. (on xp, tried in firefox and IE8 with google frame) I can put in a new series and it will just sit there searching. The movie section works great though. I love the folder art and information that is displayed. Would be nice if when you click on one of the returned results it will display the information before its added.

The interface looks great!

When completed, do you plan on making the install easier and not requiring a Web Server/Apache2 + PHP5.2?

I have a suggestion for the movie part of your program. Like your program, there has been a script that would monitor the RSS and grab the nzb based off a list of movies you wanted. The part I find slightly inefficient is that you have to manual create that list, like what you have to do for your movies watcher.

Now IMDB has a feature that allows you to create a list of "My Movies". You must create a free account, but that shouldn't be a problem for anyone. If you could scrape/parse that list and get that list into nzbVR it would make creating movie watchers much easier.

A couple reasons I think it will work well for a lot of people are:

IMDB has pretty much any movie you could be looking for, its easy to browser the site and its full of the info for the movies.

Multiple people could also you one account anywhere, so you, a friends or wife could browser and set movies to download from anywhere.

Makes it easy to look at movies that are currently playing and set one of those movies to download when it becomes available. Reason I say this is, at least for me, I forget about some movies by the time they are available. (With your movie watchers you can already basically do this)

I think you could also use the category feature to define what quality you want download. All that the user would have to do is create a category labeled HD/x264 and SD, you could easily do more. You could then scrape/parse that info and use it to set the format for the watcher.

The date is also in there so it should be included with the name so that the original of a remake doesn't get downloaded.

As a side thing for XBMC, the IMDB ID is also there so if that info could also be scraped/parsed and kept for later use with XBMC or a scraper for XBMC, that would ensure a correct match for the movie.

Another suggestion when you get this more finalized is to be able to update the program right in the interface.

I also have a suggestion on how you could populate the series list but I’ll leave that for another post.

This is great work by the way, I appreciate it, keep it up!  :)
Sorry for such a long post.
Undisclosedpower

Post by Undisclosedpower »

I've installed the latest git and everything seems to be working except for sending to sab  ???

I don't know if it matters, but my sab is running on a remote machine so i've set the address to : 'http://192.168.1.20:8080/sabnzbd/' but nothing. The UI says its been posted but nothing ever comes thorough :(

Any thoughts?