SabTab v3.0 : greasemonkey script for Newzbin V3

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
cruzlee

Re: SabTab v2.0 : greasemonkey script for Newzbin V3

Post by cruzlee »

Hi, I newly registered here, because I LOVE sabtab and use it very intensively. Since the 0.5.0 betas I haven't been able to use it either. Strange that you have no problems with it. Must be something related to the settings then I guess. I used both 0.5.0 b4 and b5.

Both give me:
"Sab Tab: Something didn't work. The report was not added."
This error.

At the exact same time (I cleared the logs to make sure) SAB is giving this warning:
"WARNING:
Authentication missing, please enter username/password from Config->General into your 3rd party program:"

I have tried disabling the API key to no avail.
I hope  you can do something with this info.
jp22382
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jp22382 »

Yarbles wrote: What issues are you seeing?
If I fire up sab 0.4.x everything works fine.

The error returned in 0.5.0 is:

WARNING
Authentication missing, please enter username/password from Config->General into your 3rd party program

I'm using the same config file for both versions of sab.

No matter what I try I just get that over and over. Only started having issues with the 0.5 alphas/betas.

Have tried uninstalling / reinstalling sabtab and greasemonkey, generating a new API key, resetting user and pass info, making a new config file for sab, clearing all my browser settings. Pretty much every possible thing I can try.

EDIT: cruzlee appears to have the same issue above.
Last edited by jp22382 on January 8th, 2010, 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yarbles

Post by Yarbles »

Ok, I see what the problem is. It looks like .5.0 changed the login method, I don't use a SAB Uname/pwd so I didn't encounter the error.  I'll get on it. It looks like GreaseMonkey's  XMLHTTPRequest function doesn't support authentication but I may be able to include the authentication header manually.
cruzlee

Post by cruzlee »

Great, thanks for your reply. That also gives us a workaround. Disable user / pass and close up your firewall on sab. No problem using it only on the LAN for now.

Thanks!
jp22382
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jp22382 »

Thank you!!!

I would've stopped using a user/pass, but I need sab to be accessible remotely so I can queue up things from my Pre :)
Yarbles

Post by Yarbles »

UPDATE:
// Version 3.0
//
// Changes from v2.1.1
// Updated SAB authentication for 0.5.0, not compatible with SAB 0.4.9 or earlier

http://userscripts.org/scripts/review/66347

I changed the version to 3.0 because it is incompatible with pre 0.5.0 versions of SAB and I wanted to make sure SABTab2 was still available on userscripts.org for the latest official release of SAB.
tret

Post by tret »

Yarbles wrote: UPDATE:
// Version 3.0
//
// Changes from v2.1.1
// Updated SAB authentication for 0.5.0, not compatible with SAB 0.4.9 or earlier

http://userscripts.org/scripts/review/66347

I changed the version to 3.0 because it is incompatible with pre 0.5.0 versions of SAB and I wanted to make sure SABTab2 was still available on userscripts.org for the latest official release of SAB.
Excellent work Yarbles, I've been looking forward to this since upgrading to the 0.5.0 Betas as no other Newzbin -> SABnzbd add method works quite as nicely or does so as elegantly.

Thanks again!

Rob
cruzlee

Re: SabTab v3.0 : greasemonkey script for Newzbin V3

Post by cruzlee »

Working like a charm. Yarbles, you rock. I am considering offering up myself as your unconditional love slave.
tret

Post by tret »

cruzlee wrote: Working like a charm. Yarbles, you rock. I am considering offering up myself as your unconditional love slave.
Ha, I need to write more programs, my post-processing scripts never get me this kind of devotion lol
jp22382
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jp22382 »

Yarbles wrote: UPDATE:
// Version 3.0

THANK YOU!!!  8)
FuManChuu

Post by FuManChuu »

I saw on userscripts that you commented on Safari support, and that it wasn't quites possible due to security limitations... but is that still the case (specifically commenting on Chrome here)? Does SABConnect, the Sab extension for chrome communicate in a fundamentally different way than sabtab? I'm on the cusp of bailing FF to Chrome... and Sabtab support would do wonders.

As stands, when installed on the newest Chrome build, the first time you land on v3.newzbin, the blue popup box displays, but only about an inch of it, and you can navigate to any of the options :/

Keep up the good word... love the extension
rob151515

Post by rob151515 »

Only just downloaded this but so far it looks awesome.

Thankyou for sharing your work!
ReflexReaction

Post by ReflexReaction »

I would just like to say that I think this is a FANTASTIC SCRIPT.

Thanks so much!

I'd really like to get two instances of SabTab running at the same time... is this easily possible?  I've got two servers - one for media and one for music / games and it would make my life alot easier if I could control downloads to both from one machine easily...

I've written on the SabTab3 message board here:

http://userscripts.org/topics/47577

And thought i'd also ask if anyone has successfully done this here at the Sab forums?

Thanks in advance,

RR
ReflexReaction

Post by ReflexReaction »

I managed to change the @name field which allows a second copy to be installed.  However, if using two SabTab's - the first works fine and the second hangs on "Checking Sabnzb Status..." - if i disable the first sabtab, the 2nd starts working.  so it looks like the coding of the script is going to stop two working "out of the box".  If Yarbles does get a minute to look at this, it would be greatly appriciated!
tedrock

Post by tedrock »

nm wrong plugin
Last edited by tedrock on May 20th, 2010, 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.