Open dl path on click of History entry?

Want something added? Ask for it here.
jp22382
Release Testers
Release Testers

Open dl path on click of History entry?

Post by jp22382 »

One feature I would love is the ability to open the download directory of an item via the History.

Sab knows the path that it was moved to upon completion, so would this be possible?

So I download a copy of Ubuntu, it goes to \Apps\Ubuntu\, I click on the 'Ubuntu' entry in the history list and it opens that directory.

I understand there could be complications between operating systems, but wanted to raise the question.
inpheaux
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Open dl path on click of History entry?

Post by inpheaux »

We've discussed this in the past and are still against implementing it because we can't open folders on remote installations of SABnzbd, so we'd have to put in detection to tell if you're accessing a local version. But even if we put that in, we still wouldn't be able to tell if you have rights to open that folder. Rather than implement an inherently unreliable feature, we've opted to not bother.

At some future date - once we implement a plugin system - we're thinking about implementing a "library" feature that could either have direct links to files or web-based streaming.
jp22382
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jp22382 »

Makes sense, thanks for the reply!
bugmenot

Post by bugmenot »

Idea for an ugly quick fix for this:
How about the option of manualy specifying a remote path to access the download directory, as either ftp or samba share.
eg. I tell sabnzbd that my download dir can be remotely accessed through path "file:////192.168.1.2/share/downloads/" or "ftp://192.168.1.2/share/downloads/".
So that when i click on the history item it auto opens link "file:////192.168.1.2/share/downloads/Apps/Ubuntu/" or .
My browser can decide what i want to do with the link from there (eg, open my network share in windows explorer, or open ftp address in ftp client, poo its pants & complain about unknown protocol, etc).

As you are just linking to an address that the user themselves have entered ( but with eg. "Apps/Ubuntu/" auto added to end), its their own fault if the link doesnt work for them.