CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents!

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
RuudBurger

Re: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents!

Post by RuudBurger »

Thanks, will check it out.
The empty tracebacks are because of the same error i think.
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader
For bugs & feature request go to Lighthouse. For questions & problems go to our support forum
Smoke

Post by Smoke »

Thanks for making such a fantastic program! It definitely meets a need I've had for a while and I appreciate the fact it's both usable and visually appealing ( unlike far too many other utilities that are simply ugly and not user-friendly ). Sick Beard and CouchPotato are definitely raising the bar.

Now I understand CouchPotato uses themoviedb.org for its movie information as it has an API unlike imdb.com, and for the most part it works as intended, but I'm running in to issues with foreign films. themoviedb.org appears to only list movies by their original title ( in their original language ), but I'd say the majority of movies are posted online under their English title. This causes CouchPotato to both list and search for a movie using the "incorrect" title. If I add the film "In the Mood for Love" to CouchPotato it is scraped as "Fa yeung nin wa". CouchPotato then searches that title and finds nothing, but if I search manually by the English title I find several results. I feel solving this problem would greatly improve CouchPotato's results. An automatic solution would obviously be best, but maybe the easiest solution is to allow users to manually change a movie's title in CouchPotato?
vdown
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by vdown »

That film didnt have an alternative title in English on the moviedb. I added that and it works fine now.
scope

Post by scope »

RuudBurger wrote: If you copied the EXE of v13, your on v13 again.
What is the full path where you have CP installed?
No I download V13 which would create the various file needed when running it (with V19 nothing happened), V13 would also open the browser and show the application.. I then shut down CP, copied the V19 exe file into the V13 folder and ran it.. This time it works and show up as V19.
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

Ah ok, that's weird. I look into it ^^.
For bugs & feature request go to Lighthouse. For questions & problems go to our support forum
Smoke

Post by Smoke »

vdown wrote: That film didnt have an alternative title in English on the moviedb. I added that and it works fine now.
Thanks for adding the English title, I appreciate the help, but I'm not sure what you mean by it works fine now. Perhaps I should clarify to make sure we're on the same page and not attempting to solve different problems. I am able to add foreign movies to CouchPotato without issue. I find a foreign movie on imdb, use the excellent GreaseMonkey script, and it is added to CouchPotato. That all works great. The problem is with CouchPotato searching for an available download for that foreign movie.

I've tried several foreign movies that are listed in a non-English language on themoviedb, but also have an alternate English title. I've searched nzbmatrix manually, so I know the movies are available to download, but still no luck as CouchPotato is only searching the primary foreign title and not any alternate titles that may exist on themoviedb ( according to CouchPotato logs ).

So I'll ask again, is it possible for CouchPotato to grab English titles from themoviedb or at least allow users to manually change movie titles in CouchPotato? Thanks!
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

It will list the alternative title if it is available on tmdb. Re-add the movie in cp itself.
Some sort of alternative search will be coming.
Smoke

Post by Smoke »

RuudBurger wrote: It will list the alternative title if it is available on tmdb. Re-add the movie in cp itself.
Some sort of alternative search will be coming.
Ok, thanks for letting me know it will list the alternative title if available. You, and vdown, were absolutely correct that it works if an alternate title exists on themoviedb. I apologize for the user error. I was having problems as I was only adding movies to CouchPotato from imdb through the Greasemonkey script. Using that method simply adds the movie using the primary title on themoviedb. If you add a movie by manually typing it in to the text box at the top of CouchPotato itself you will then be allowed to select the title you want from themoviedb.

Now that I am using CouchPotato correctly and able to grab foreign films I've noticed it will automatically move and rename .sub files, but not the associated .idx files. Can those be added to the filter?

Thanks again for the help. I look forward to any enhancements to an already great program.
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

What are .idx files for? Never used them. Or are they just another subtitle format?
csop19

Post by csop19 »

It's a subtitle format.
vankwish

Post by vankwish »

Hi again . . .

I was testing out the extent of CP's features and have been caught up with the "dl .. dl better .. dl best" feature. I have a reproducible problem (maybe a bug, user error or plain stupidity :) ).

I will explain the problems I have been having with the use of my *test* file.

I have set a custom quality setting titled "test stuff". "test stuff" is as follows . . .

Code: Select all

Quality    Finish
cam        [ ]
telesync   [ ]
telecine   [ ]
dvd-rip    [ ]
720p       [x]
I then add a "test movie (year)" via the userscript with the quality setting "test stuff".

I go away and when i come back it has found "test movie" -cam, sent it to sab, sab has downloaded, CP has renamed, moved it and got a trailer and the movie page shows it highlighted in light orange in the list with the quality "other" text in green and the rest in orange (dvd-rip & 720p).

Here it sits. Knowing that there is a telesync available i was surprised that it had not moved on and got that, so i force a search. The log shows a full search of all the waiting movies except this one. Clicking on the green arrows in the listing gives ...

Code: Select all

19:09:52,358 INFO  [app.lib.provider.movie.search] Getting extra movie info for test movie.
... nothing else. Restarting CP does nothing. I initially thought that the number of days (which i had set to 3) was stopping this, but after starting scratch and setting number of days to 0 i still get nowhere. My feeling is that now if custom goes green it will wait for the next one along, which in my case is "dvd-rip", but surely not.

I'm on ubuntu 10.08 git version e3e7ce3.

Thank You,
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

Best quality should be on top, not at the bottom.
And there is no such thing as user error :P. Will need to add some help maybe.
But you don't read from bottom too top right? So doesnt CP :P Begins at the top, and works his way down.

Also, the quality is NOT linked after you add it. So changing the number does nothing, unless you add another movie with it.
That's why I don't mention the custom quality name anywhere in the movie list. To change the quality, re-add the movie. (This will be changed eventually, so you can change the quality on the movie itself.)
Last edited by RuudBurger on August 4th, 2010, 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vankwish

Post by vankwish »

D'oh! facepalm!

Man you really deserve an award for one of the most patient dev's on the face of the earth! I *will* be donating for just that alone! (always invest in the dev if not the app!)
Meilu

Post by Meilu »

Great application, really like it so far.
The userscript that is supposed to be able to add movies to the CP database when i visit a link on IMDB is giving me some problems however.
It installs just fine and when i visit a link of a movie on the imdb page the "Add to couchpotato"  link pops up.

However when i click on the button to add the movie it says that the page cannot be displayed.
I checked out the url it redirects too and i quickly spotted the error: http://http//192.168.2.21:5000//movie/i ... &year=2010 .
As you can see the http from the script is missing a colon and my browser adds the http:// creating a messy link which doesnt work.
If i remove the faulty http// the script works and it adds the movie to the CP database.
Seems like an easy fix but i couldn't find the location of this userscript myself. Woud love it if this got fixed because it seems like a neat feature!
Thanks!
Last edited by Meilu on August 5th, 2010, 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

Fix in about 20 minutes, thanks.