0.4.2.Debian Linux Possible Bug

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Shadowtester

0.4.2.Debian Linux Possible Bug

Post by Shadowtester »

When you have a server setup with a user name and password and then try to setup a second server which does not need a user name and password it defaults the user name and password from the first server into the new sever setup. I cleared those out prior to saving the server setup however when the screen refreshed after the server was saved the defaulted user name and password were still in the new server setup. I even tried wiping them out again and saving the changes to the server but when the screen refreshed again the user name and password were back.
switch

Re: 0.4.2.Debian Linux Possible Bug

Post by switch »

Sounds more like your browser just auto-filling the values (they won't be set unless you save the server with them entered)

To check, load with the default theme, look at the source and ctrl+f for:

Code: Select all

name="username" value="
if the value is not filled in (for the second server) then it is just your browser aut-entering the user+pass.

If this is the case I will look at changing the names of the forms to be unique, so your browser won't fill them in.
Shadowtester

Post by Shadowtester »

You are correct it must be Firefox 3 auto filling those fields I know that the server setup is working but it might be good to make up some unique field names for those to prevent Firefox from filling in fields with the saved user name and password info.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

No, it's better to tell Firefox to never remember passwords for the Config->Servers page.