Ok. I got it working on mine. I got some help from someone in the github for headphones. If you're reading this, thank you AdeHub!
- First things first. Download ffmpeg from http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/ . (This is for windows. Not sure what to do for mac) I chose the static build for Windows 64-bit because my windows is 64-bit.
- Extract all files.
- Drag folder to C:\ drive. The root is where I put it. You can put it anywhere else as long as you have the path.
- Copy the path of the bin folder that has the ffmpeg.exe. For me it was C:\ffmpeg\bin.
- Head over to headphones and go to advanced settings.
- Under re-encoding options select "Re-encode downloads during post processing" and "Only re-encode lossless files (.flac)"
- Encoder should be ffmpeg.
- You can select the format of .m4a if you want but I was told I didn't have to.
- Now, under "Advanced Encoding options" you are going to put -y -acodec alac on the first line.
- The second line will have the path you copied for the ffmpeg.exe file.
- Save changes, restart. Everything should work now.
Good luck. Hope it works for you.
I do have the latest headphones installed. I also, installed the changes made by pabloalcantara at https://github.com/rembo10/headphones/pull/623
Try the above steps first. If it does not work then you should install pabloalcantara's commits.